Emergency ManagementActive Shooter Response
An Active Shooter is an individual(s) engaged in killing or attempting to kill people often at random in a confined area.
How to Respond
- Evacuate - always have an escape route in mind, leave belongings, keep hands visible.
- Hide Out - lock yourself in the room, silence your cellular phone.
- Take Action - as a last resort.
How to Be Prepared
- Know your environment and any possible dangers.
- Always know your surroundings and the nearest exits.
- Whenever you see something suspicious, immediately contact the TCC Police at (850) 201-6100.
The videos and resources below are made available to assist you in the preparation and response to an Active Shooter Incident.
Run, Hide, Fight-Surviving an Active Shooter Incident (Video, 6 minutes)
FEMA Active Shooter On-Line Course (Video, 45 minutes)
How to Respond Poster (.pdf)
How to Respond Pocket Guide (.pdf)
Texas State University-Civilian Response to an Active Shooter (Video, 12 minutes)