Tallahassee Community College (TCC) offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package. It includes a variety of insurance, retirement and custom benefit plans, as well as the entitlements of Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation.
Insurance plans include medical, dental, life and vision coverage. Retirement plans include the defined benefit Florida Retirement System (FRS) Pension plan and defined-contribution FRS Investment Plan. TCC also offers the Community College Optional Retirement Plan, a defined contribution plan, to eligible Administrators and Faculty employees.
Employees also have the option to contribute on a voluntary basis to a variety of tax shelter accounts such as the 403(b), and/or a 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan. Supplemental insurances are also available to include short term disability, accident, cancer, long term care, legal/identity and voluntary term life insurance for which the employee pays the full premium.
Medical Insurance Benefit Summary
Employee’s premium is paid for by TCC. Dependent coverage is additional at the employee’s expense.
Florida Combined Life (FCL) offers two BlueDental Choice PPO plans. The employee pays all premiums and can be payroll deducted. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Low Option||High Option|
|Employee + 1||$31.86||$43.87|
An affordable eye care plan is offered through VSP. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Employee + Spouse||$10.78|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$11.09|
|Employee + Family||$15.36|
- Group Term Life Insurance: TCC provides life insurance, in the amount of two times the annual salary, for full-time employees and part-time employees in an established position with a maximum coverage amount of $200,000. Life insurance for full-time faculty is two times the two-semester contract. The life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM. Dependent coverage is not available.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Employees can apply for additional life insurance coverage for up to 3 times their annual salary, maximum coverage of $500,000. The rates are $.277 per thousand dollars per month. Premiums are payroll deducted monthly. The supplemental life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM.
- Dependent Only Life Insurance: Employees may purchase up to $20,000 life insurance on their spouse; and up to $10,000 on their children. The dependent only life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Cost Plan 1 - $.79||Cost Plan 2 - $1.58||Cost Plan 3 - $3.16|
|Child 14 Days to 6 months||$500.00||$500.00||$500.00|
|Child 6 months to 25 years||$2,500.00||$5,000.00||$10,000.00|
- Medical or Dependent Day Care Reimbursement Accounts (Flex Spending): Employees may set up medical reimbursement accounts up to $2,500.00 per calendar year and/or dependent care accounts up to $5,000.00 per calendar year on apre-taxed basis.
- Custom Benefits
- Short-Term Disability: Short-term disability for employee and spouse and may choose from variable elimination periods.
- Accident: Accident plan for employee and family which may help defray costs associated when the employee or a family member is injured in an accident. Includes an accidental death benefit of $75,000 and a wellness benefit of $60.00.
- Cancer Insurance: Cancer plan for employee and family to assist with finances for cancer treatment and care.
Specified Health Event Protection: Supplemental insurance plan for employee and family that include benefits for heart attacks, strokes, coronary artery bypass surgery, coma, paralysis major third-degree burns, end-stage renal failure and major human organ transplants.
- Hospital Protection: Supplemental insurance plan for employee and family that includes benefits for hospital confinement, diagnostic testing, wellness and more.
- Life Protector: 10-, 20-, or 30-year term life insurance for employee, spouse and/or dependent children.
Custom Benefits (Allstate)
- Short-Term Disability: Short-term disability for employee. May choose from 3 plans with optional accident only benefits for employee and/or family.
- Heart/Stroke Insurance: Coverage provides benefits for employees and/or family treated for illnesses resulting from heart attack, heart disease or stroke.
- Universal Whole Life Insurance: Employees may apply for whole life insurance for up to $50,000 face value. Spouses and dependents may apply for whole life insurance up to $25,000 face value.
- Cancer: Cancer plan for employee and family in the event you or a covered family member is diagnosed with cancer or one of the other 20 specified diseases.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Prepaid legal services and identity theft protection. It may be purchased on employee and dependents through payroll deduction.
TCC offers employees:
- To Study at TCC - Take classes at TCC (for you, your spouse or your dependent) up to six credit hours per person, per semester. For more details, see policy 04-15 and 04-16.
- Health & Wellness Resources - Access the Lifetime Sports Complex employee-only gym with valid ID. Employees can take fitness classes, join groups, and have the opportunity to apply for the TCC Fit program through the Center for Professional Enrichment. See list of current offerings.
- Arts and Athletic Admission - Attend Theatre TCC! performance events free with valid ID, and free admission for one guest. Employees can also attend all TCC Eagles home games for free.
- Use of Resources - Feel free to utilize the Library and other Learning Resource Centers.
- Professional Development - Develop your skills through TCC Online for Faculty and Center for Professional Enrichment.
TCC Employees receive discounts on:
- AAA Motor Club South - New member will receive 14 months of coverage for the cost of 12 months.
- Enterprise Rent-A-Car
- National Car Rental
- Verizon Wireless
- TCC Bookstore - Faculty and staff get 10% off at the TCC Bookstore on campus. This discount does not not include textbooks and computer hardware and software.
- Conferences and Event Rental Space - Employees receive 50% off when booking rooms on campus for personal events.
Contact Our Benefits Team
Whether you are newly hired or nearing retirement, the Benefits team is available to answer your benefit questions, assist you in resolving benefit issues, and provide you with information to make informed benefit choices.
If you have questions whether you are eligible for benefits and retirement programs, you are welcome to discuss them confidentially with a member of the Benefits Team. Email email@example.com or call (850) 201-8510.
The following holidays are observed on the main campus:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day & Day After
- Christmas Day
Faculty holidays are designated in the College's academic calendar. Contract/Grant employee holiday schedules are determined each year according to the specific requirements of the Contract/Grant.
Winter and Spring Breaks
During winter and spring breaks the college operates with limited staff. All non-exempt full time employees who work during these times will earn Compensatory leave. The upcoming winter and spring breaks for the 2017-2018 academic calendar year are:
Mid-Year (Winter) Break:
Dec. 15, 2017 (College Closes at 1 p.m.) – Jan. 1, 2018
March 12, 2018 – March 16, 2018