All students who would like to be considered for a scholarship must first create a scholarship account, which will give access to the online scholarship application. Students only need to submit the application once during the academic year in which they are enrolled, a new application will need to be submitted for the following academic year.
Once a student submits an application, you should be aware the following:
Confirmation of Submission
An email confirmation will be sent to the address the student used to create their scholarship account. If an email confirmation is not received confirming receipt of an application, then the application has not yet been submitted.
All communication regarding student scholarship applications and awarding can only be discussed with the applicant and will be sent by email to the address associated with the applicant's scholarship account. For first time applicants creating a new account and who have a TCC email address, it is advised to use this email address. For all applicants, it is important to remember your user name and password for your account and to avoid setting up more than one scholarship account.
At the close of each application cycle date the Committee recipient selection process will occur. Once this is complete, only applicants who have been selected for a scholarship will receive an award notification email that will be sent according to the date posted on the awarding calendar.
If an applicant does not receive an award notification email on the posted notification date, it may be due to one or more of the following reasons:
- An application was never completed and submitted.
- The application was submitted after an application submission deadline date for the current awarding cycle. (If the fall submission deadline was missed, the applicant's application will be considered for spring awarding.)
- The applicant has multiple scholarship accounts and may be monitoring the wrong email address for an award notification.
- The applicant was not selected to receive a scholarship.
Applicants who receive an award notification email must login into their scholarship account and formally accept their award, as well as submit a Donor Thank You Letter by the posted submission deadline date.
Once recipients have completed the requirements of their scholarship acceptance process, the TCC Financial Aid Office will post their scholarship award amount directly to the recipient's TCC student account. The award amount is directly applied to any balance due for the upcoming semester.
Cancelation of a recipient's award is possible and may occur for any of the following reasons:
- The recipient did not login to their scholarship account and formally accept their award and/or did not submit a donor thank you letter by the posted letter submission deadline date.
- The recipient did not enroll at TCC for the semester the award is being given.
Note: If a current recipient has been awarded a scholarship that provides multiple semester awards during the academic year is not re-awarded for the upcoming semester, a notification email will be sent to the recipient with information as to the status of their scholarship.