Pre-Collegiate ProgramsEducational Talent Search
Educational Talent Search
The Educational Talent Search Program, (ETS) is a federal TRiO program sponsored by Tallahassee Community College and Gadsden County Schools. It provides free college, career, and financial aid information to nearly 500 middle school and high school students each year.
ETS identifies and assists individuals who are potential first generation college graduates and who have the potential to succeed in higher education. The program provides academic, career, and financial counseling to its participants and encourages them to graduate from high school and continue on to and complete their postsecondary education. The program publicizes the availability of financial aid and assist participant with the postsecondary application process. Talent Search also encourages persons who have not completed education programs at the secondary or postsecondary level to enter or reenter and complete postsecondary education. The goal of Talent Search is to increase the number of youth from economically disadvantaged backgrounds who complete high school and enroll in and complete their postsecondary education.
Students must be between the ages of 11 and 27 and have completed the fifth grade. Must be a resident of Gadsden County or attend one of the target schools in Gadsden County.
- Academic, financial, career, or personal counseling including advice on entry or re-entry to secondary or postsecondary programs
- Career exploration and aptitude assessment
- Tutorial services
- Information on postsecondary education
- Exposure to college campuses
- Information on student financial assistance
- Assistance in completing college admissions and financial aid applications
- Assistance in preparing for college entrance exams
- Mentoring programs
- Special activities for sixth, seventh, and eighth graders
- Workshops for the families of participants
TCC Educational Talent Search Office