Dean and Faculty Resources
Mission and Vision
TCC Online offers an alternative to on-campus education by providing both hybrid and online opportunities that allow students to pursue a program of study. TCC offers high quality courses and provides comprehensive student support services that foster students’ intellectual, career, academic, and personal development.
Our guiding principles are student engagement, student development, and student success.
TCC Online offers training, professional development, and support for faculty who teach online. This includes workshops, webinars, and coaching via phone, email, and in person.Explore Our Services
Our staff at TCC Online work to provide quality instructional and support services to our online learners at TCC.Meet the Team
Honorlock is an online proctoring solution offered by Tallahassee Community College.Honorlock Proctoring
We provide workshops, webinars, and coaching via phone, email, and in person.
Various training related topics for online faculty include:
- Online Pedagogy – focuses on training faculty how to teach online covering the pedagogical, social, technical, and managerial roles.
- Course Design and Development – focuses on training and assisting faculty with the design and development of quality online and hybrid courses.
- Quality Assurance – focuses on faculty designing and implementing quality online and hybrid courses. Our processes are grounded in Quality Matters™ standards. In addition, focuses on designers and technologists developing and implementing quality online and hybrid workshops.
- Media and Accessibility – focuses on faculty complying with accessibility laws (Section 504 and 508) in designing web-based courses. This area includes captioning media (audio and video) and online course content (PDFs, images, and more).
- Copyright for Online Instruction – focuses on faculty complying with copyright guidelines such as Fair Use and the TEACH Act for web-based courses.
- Online Student Services – focuses on faculty awareness and use of the online learning services available to students.
- Emerging Online Technologies – focuses on the identification and application of the pedagogical use of online technologies, Web 2.0 tools, and instructional software in web-based courses.
- Canvas Activity Workbook – focuses on the pedagogical applications of the Canvas LMS and apps available to faculty for instruction.
Meet the Team
Director of TCC Online
Dr. Lemond Hall
Dr. Kim Manning
Dr. Patricia Heeter
Honorlock is an online proctoring solution offered by TCC. Students do not need to create an account or schedule a time with Honorlock. Exam sessions are recorded via webcam, allowing students to test at their convenience. Exam incidents will be reported back to TCC faculty.
Recommended Syllabus Language
Your exams this semester will be proctored by Honorlock. Honorlock is an online proctoring service that allows you to take your exam from the comfort of your home. Honorlock is available 24/7 all you need is a computer, webcam, and an internet connection. You do not need to create an account or schedule a time.
Honorlock is very simple! All you will need to do is log into Canvas and click on the quiz you need to take. You will be prompted to add the Honorlock Chrome Extension, which is required to take your exam. You are required to use Google Chrome as your browser. Then you will need to take a picture, show your ID, and scan your room. Honorlock will be recording you VIA webcam and they will be recording your screen. They also have an integrity algorithm that can detect search-engine use, so do not attempt to cheat or look up answers.
Webcams are required if you are using Honorlock
TCC has computers on campus with webcams that you can use to take your exams: Learning Commons Room 262, 262A, 260C or 256.
TCC also has webcams that can be checked out in the Library on the 1st floor at the Circulation Desk for two full days (48 hours).
Honorlock offers 24/7 customer service VIA phone and live-chat. When you enter your exam the live-chat will be on the bottom-right hand of your screen during the entire exam, in case you need their tech support. Also, you can call their support line at (855) 828-4004 . It is recommended that you test your system at honorlock.com/support prior to your exam. We also recommend you take a practice quiz with Honorlock, prior to your real exam.
User Guides and Video Tutorials
Below are some helpful video tutorials and PDF guides when setting up Honorlock.
- Faculty Guide (instructions on how to enable Honorlock)
- Honorlock Canvas Video (full video of Canvas integration faculty & student side)
- Download Honorlock Resources
- View the TCC Honorlock Webinar with Faculty (recorded on 8/14/18)
- Honorlock White List Video Tutorial (guide on how to enable whitelisted sites to a Canvas exam)
For more information about using Honorlock in your online course, please contact email@example.com.
TCC Turnitin FeedBack Studio Training Videos
How to read an originality report -
How to Provide Feedback to Students –
How to create a Turnitin assignment -
How to submit a Turnitin Assignment, view originality reports, and instructor feedback –
I have noticed that on occasion, people may not be able to view the videos at high resolution at first (you can check this by clicking on the gear sign in lower right of video screen - default shows up as 360p). This is apparently a known issue that crops up when viewing videos stored on a google drive. The solution is to clear cache and cookies, refresh the page, then play the video again. When you click on the gear sign now, it should give you viewing quality choices.
If it still looks grainy even when quality is set to 1080p, fast forward a bit using the sliding bar. This refreshes the video itself. Scroll back to the beginning and then it should then play at the highest resolution.