Honors ProgramHonors Scholarship
The Honors Program Scholarship offers one-year full tuition* (4 courses plus labs and fees; Fall and Spring semesters) and the option to reapply for a second year.
*In-state tuition rate
Scholarship Deadlines for 2018-2019
February 16, 2018 (High School Seniors only)
May 4, 2018 (High School Seniors, First Time in College, Returning, and Transfer Students)
Honors Scholarship Awardee Requirements
- Enroll in at least two Honors courses per semester
- Must be enrolled as a full-time student (12 credit hours)
- 3 hours of service to the Honors Program per week (45 per semester)
- Complete all Honors courses with a B or higher
- Maintain an overall minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA
- Participation in Honors activities
First Time in College
Please provide proof of one of the following:
- Minimum SAT scores:
- Prior to June 27, 2016: 1170 (critical reading and math)
- On or after June 27, 2016: SAT Redesign - 1240 (evidence-based reading, writing, and math)
- SAT 2017 Redesign - 62 (combined score for critical reading and mathematics)
- Minimum ACT score of 25
- Minimum 3.5 unweighted high school GPA
- Graduation in the top 10% of high school class
Current, Dual Enrollment, Returning and Transfer Students
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative college GPA
- Minimum of 12 hours of earned college credit with the ability to complete 6 Honors courses
- Maximum completion of 36 hours of earned college credit with the ability to complete 6 Honors courses
Current TCC Honors Students
- Active status in the Honors Program
- Maximum completion of 36 hours of earned college credit with the ability to complete course registration requirements
Note: To be considered, all applicants must submit an application to the Honors Program in addition to the scholarship application if they are not current members.
How To Apply
Complete the TCC Honors Program Scholarship application. Requirements for the TCC Honors Scholarship include an essay, proof of scores, and a letter of recommendation from an instructor or another appropriate party.
Questions? Contact the program director Professor Vijay Subramanian at email@example.com.