Central Sterile Processing Technologist Certificate
The Central Sterile Processing Technologist Certificate Program is devoted to providing students with the essential skills to become integral members of a surgical team. Graduates will have knowledge of patient safety, decontamination, inspection, assembling, disassembling, packaging and sterilizing reusable surgical instruments, supplies and devices.
This is a limited-access and limited enrollment program. See all Healthcare Program requirements.
Overview / Requirements
Program Overview & Requirements
To prepare students with the experience, knowledge and skills necessary to provide competent services as a central sterile processing technologist. Graduates will be prepared to become integral members of the surgical team and are essential for patient safety by being responsible for decontamination, inspection, assembling, disassembling, packaging and sterilizing reusable surgical instruments, supplies and devices. This program prepares students to take the national certification exam through the International Association of Healthcare Central Services Material Management.
30 credit hours
This program accepts students for each Fall semester. This is a limited-access program with a limited number of seats per class.
Applicants must submit a TCC admission application and a separate healthcare program application by the published application deadline. Applicants may access the healthcare application through their TCC EagleNet account.
More information is available on the program’s webpage.
See Additional Healthcare Program Requirements for important information.
Healthcare Professions, Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
(850) 558-4500 or email@example.com
View Information about Graduation Requirements and Year of Entry .
- BSC1084C Human Biology: Essentials of Anatomy and Physiology 4 credit hour(s)
- HSC1000 Orientation to Perioperative Services 3 credit hour(s)
- HSC1000L Orientation to Perioperative Services Lab 1 credit hour(s)
- HSC1434C Central Processing Technology Lecture, Lab & Clinical 12 credit hour(s)
- HSC1538 Medical Terminology for Healthcare Professionals 1 credit hour(s)
- HSC2520 Microbiology for Perioperative Services 3 credit hour(s)
- STS1925C Endoscopy Basics Theory and Lab 4 credit hour(s)
- STS2361 The Art of Teamwork in Surgery 1 credit hour(s)
- STS2365 Professional Skills for the O. R. Team 1 credit hour(s)