Cashier's OfficeFL Prepaid Program
FL Prepaid Program
Answers to Frequent Questions
- The Florida Prepaid College Plan will issue an identification card and other documentation to the beneficiary to present to Tallahassee Community College at the time of registration and fee payment. Please note the student will be responsible for all fees not covered by the plan on the published payment due date. The college will then bill the program for the tuition costs covered by the student's plan.
- Account owners may choose one of three options if their child is also eligible for the Bright Futures Scholarship.
- The account owner may use the Florida Prepaid College Plan benefits as originally planned. The college or university will issue a check to the student for the scholarship. These funds may then be used by the student to offset expenses that are not covered by the Prepaid contract.
- The account owner may transfer the contract to a family member of the original beneficiary; however, plan benefits may not be transferred in the same year usage occurred.
- The account owner may request a scholarship refund and receive an amount equal to the current rates for state university fees paid on a semester-by-semester basis.
at universities and community colleges.
Please visit the Florida Prepaid College Plan Web site for more information.
Click on this link for access to the forms that will allow you to either activate or deactivate your Florida Prepaid College Plan for use at Tallahassee Community College.