The purpose of the TCC Cheerleaders is to promote and uphold team spirit for, to develop and maintain good sportsmanship by example, and to support teams during games and events. The organizational goal is to work in harmony with the administration, students, coaches, sponsors and the athletic boosters.
Practices are held Monday & Wednesday at 6:30 p.m. in the Lifetime Sports Complex
Practice makes perfect, and our Cheer team knows this first hand. While an official schedule is established by the coach at the season’s start, those who make the cut commit to practices several nights a week in addition to mandatory workout sessions.
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 credit hours at TCC for the Fall 2016 Semester.
- Must have availability to practice at least two nights a week and attend all cheerleading-related events.
- Returning students must meet the minimum 2.0 GPA requirement.
Tryout Application Packet
Please bring the following items on the first night of tryouts.
- Tryout Application
- Release Form
- Fall 2016 class schedule
- For returning students – an unofficial transcript
- Current headshot
Tryouts take place in the Recreational Gym and you must attend all days.
Tryout dates for the 2016-17 season have passed. Tryouts for 2017-18 TBA.
At tryouts, you’re expected to look presentable and "Game Ready'. Ladies are to wear their hair all up or half up / half down, with a collegiate style of make-up (no glitter or facial tattoos). Men are to wear hair all up (if long) and be clean-shaven. Wear plain shorts and t-shirts (no mascots, writing, or logos).
Requirements for Tryouts
A cheer and dance routine will be taught, and participants will be scored on the following:
- Cheer: Memory, quality of motions, and vocal strength
- Dance: Overall performance, quality of motions, and rhythm/timing
- Jumps: Height, technique, and timing
- Tumbling: Technique, confidence, and execution of required skills: standing back handspring, round off back handspring, toe-touch back handspring
- Stunting: Technique, confidence, and execution of required skills: extension full down, liberty, heel stretch, arabesque
For questions or general information please contact email@example.com
Photos courtesy of Jeremy Howard