Look for Jobs, Internships & Job Shadowing Opportunities
Ready to build your skills with an internship or put your skills to use with a job? Want to get a sneak peek into your future career field? Check out the career resources available to you below.
You’ve got the training. Now you’re ready for the job. Check out the resources below to help get into gear.
TCC Job Fair
We make networking a breeze with TCC job fairs. Held every Spring and Fall semester in the Student Union Ballroom, you can visit FutureLink for event details and a list of registered employers.
FutureLink gives you access to TCC’s online job board, résumé builder, virtual mock interview system, and more. Register with FutureLink to create a professional résumé and search jobs exclusive to TCC students and alumni.
Head to the Career Center lobby to find postings on our job board.
Get Hired. Love Your Job.
Glassdoor allows you to search millions of job listings, see real employee salaries & read company reviews from employees.
Want to be a trend setter? View the hottest occupations in the State of Florida and Big Bend region.
Networking to Land the Job!
Over 80% of jobs are found through professional networking. Get plugged into the following:
- Access Tallahassee
- Big Bend Paralegal Association
- Business and Professional Women/Tallahassee
- Florida Surveying and Mapping Society
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- TalTech Alliance
- Network for Young Professionals
- Refresh Tallahassee
- Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates- Tallahassee & Leon
- Big Bend Society for Human Resource Managers
- Association of Government Accountants
- Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter
- American Advertising Federation Tallahassee
- Design Week Tallahassee
- Women Who Mean Business (Tallahassee Woman Magazine)
- Capital City .NET Users Group
TCC Campus Employment
- For information on work-study, contact the TCC Financial Aid Dept. at (850) 201-8399.
- Explore available employment opportunities or contact Human Resources at (850) 201-8510 to learn more about openings.
Use the links below to scan local, regional and national job postings:
- State of Florida - People First
- City of Tallahassee
- Leon County
- Part-Time Employment - Snag a Job
- Part-Time and Full-Time Employment - Simply Hired
- Part-Time and Full-Time Employment - Indeed
- Part-Time and Full-Time Employment - Glassdoor
- Career Source - Capital Region -
Homepage or Search for jobs
- For Veterans
Research by the National Association of College and Employers (NACE) indicates that applicants with internship experience enjoy a significant advantage in the percentage of full-time job offers received over their non-intern competitors. Graduates who completed an internship were 20% more likely to have a job at graduation. Looking to score some hands-on, real-world experience? Browse internship openings learn from potential employers through the TCC Internship Program.
Secure your internship:
- Complete the online internship application in FutureLink.
- Submit a current resume.
- Meet with an internship coordinator to discuss your goals.
- Interview and land the internship.
EagleShadow - Job Shadowing Program
Job shadowing allows students to observe full-time professionals on-the-job, experience a typical workday, explore a variety of career fields and get a sneak peek into their future industry!
Though generally not for credit or pay, job shadowing provides many benefits. Participation in job shadowing can:
- Help clarify career and professional goals
- Connect classroom learning to real-world application
- Allow for exploration of a wide variety of career fields & industries
- Practice professional networking and make contacts, which may make finding and acquiring future internships or full-time opportunities easier
The EagleShadow Program connects students with employers, community partners, alumni, and friends of TCC for one-day job shadowing opportunities. Interested students should complete this application. Once we receive your application, we will contact you with additional details. Students will be required to attend a mandatory 30-minute orientation interview and have a current resume in FutureLink.
For questions, view the FAQ.
“The students loved their visit today and raved that they learned so much from our doctors and staff. I can't wait to do it again!” -Megan Torres, Office Manager, Coast Dental
“No need to shadow a social worker!! I had a wonderful experience!!!!!! Officer Stephens was amazing! -Morgan Cox, EagleShadow Participant, Florida Fish & Wildlife
The Fall 2018 Job Shadow Day will be held on
Wednesday, September 26, 2018 from 8am-5pm!