Let the Career Center assist with preparing for your
transition from college to career.
Job shadowing allows students to observe full-time professionals on-the-job, experience a typical workday, explore a variety of career fields and get a sneak peek into their future industry!
The Fall 2019 EagleShadow Day will be held on Thur., October 3, 2019.
The Student application will open on August 26th and close on Sept. 20th!
Have your resume reviewed, receive career advice and practice a mini-mock interview, all from professionals in the workforce, by attending CareerFEST.
The Fall 2019 CareerFEST will be held on Wed., Oct. 23, 2019 from 11:30am-1:30pm in the Student Union Ballroom.
Connect with businesses looking to fill full-time & part-time jobs & internships. The event is open to all job seekers.
The next Hiring Fair will be held on Tuesday, November 5, 2019 from 10:00am-12:30pm in the Student Union Ballroom| Business casual dress will be required! More details to come...
We host Résumania events every semester in the Career Center (SU 209). Students are encouraged to attend one of our Résumania events for in-person feedback on your résumé. To participate, simply bring both an electronic and hard copy of your resume.
Upcoming Resumania Events:
TBA Fall 2019
For assistance with your résumé now, review our Resume Writing Guide - 2018.
Career Center Pop-up
From résumé and cover letter reviews to career coaching, we bring Career Center services to you!
Upcoming Pop-Up Events:
- TBA Fall 2019
FutureLink gives you access to TCC’s online job & internship board & more. Register with FutureLink to create a professional résumé and search jobs exclusive to TCC students and alumni.
Head to the Career Center lobby to find postings on our job board.
Want to be a trend setter? View the hottest occupations in the State of Florida and Big Bend region in Career Coach.
Interview Prep. & Tips
Are you prepared for your job interview? If not, schedule a mock interview with a Career Center professional or practice a virtual mock interview in FutureLink. Also, below are some quick tips to prepare you for the big day.
Networking with industry professionals is critical to landing the job. Get plugged into the following:
- Access Tallahassee
- Big Bend Paralegal Association
- Business and Professional Women/Tallahassee
- Florida Surveying and Mapping Society
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- TalTech Alliance
- Network for Young Professionals
- Refresh Tallahassee
- Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates- Tallahassee & Leon
- Big Bend Society for Human Resource Managers
- Association of Government Accountants
- Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter
- American Advertising Federation Tallahassee
- Design Week Tallahassee
- Women Who Mean Business (Tallahassee Woman Magazine)
- Capital City .NET Users Group
LinkedIn can also provide powerful opportunities to network and find jobs not posted publicly. Create an account and check out the LinkedIn Job Search Checklist and LinkedIn's Student Job Hunting Handbook
Professional Development Video Workshops
Prepare for your transition from college to career with these workshops.
- Overview of Career Center Services & Resources
- Résumé Development
- Social Media & Your Job Search
- Interview Skills & Dress for Success
- Smart Professional Networking
- Self-Directed Search - Career Planning
Use these samples from each of the 8 Career Pathways as a guide when developing your résumé.