Let the Career Center assist with preparing for your transition from college to career.
Have your resume reviewed, receive career advice and practice a mini-mock interview, all from professionals in the workforce, by attending CareerFEST.
The next CareerFEST will be held Tuesday, March 26, 2019 from 11am-1pm.
Connect with businesses looking to fill full-time & part-time jobs & internships. The event is open to all job seekers.
The next Hiring Fair will be held on Wednesday, April 10, 2019. Details coming soon!
We host Résumania events every semester in the Career Center (SU 209). Students are encouraged to attend one of our Résumania events for in-person feedback on your résumé. To participate, simply bring both an electronic and hard copy of your resume.
Upcoming Resumania Events:
Wed, Jan 30th : 11am-1pm : Career Center/SU 209
Tues, Feb 19th : 10am-noon : Career Center/SU 209
Thursday, March 7th : 3pm-5pm : Career Center/SU 209
- Thursday, March 28th : Noon-4pm : Library, 2nd Floor (LB 265)
Wed., April 3rd : 11am-2pm : Career Center/SU 209
Wed., April 24th : 2pm-4pm : Career Center/SU 209
For assistance with your résumé now, review our Resume Writing Guide - 2018.
Career Center Pop-up
From résumé and cover letter reviews to career coaching, we bring Career Center services to you!
Upcoming Pop-Up Events:
- Feb. 27, 2019 | 11am-1pm | FAMU-FSU College of Engineering & Career Center Pop-up in the TCC STEM Center - Learn more about programs offered at the FAMU-FSU College of Engineering!
FutureLink gives you access to TCC’s online job board, résumé builder, virtual mock interview system, and more. Register with FutureLink to create a professional résumé and search jobs exclusive to TCC students and alumni.
Head to the Career Center lobby to find postings on our job board.
Want to be a trend setter? View the hottest occupations in the State of Florida and Big Bend region in Career Coach.
Interview Prep. & Tips
Are you prepared for your job interview? If not, schedule a mock interview with a Career Center professional or practice a virtual mock interview in FutureLink. Also, below are some quick tips to prepare you for the big day.
Networking with industry professionals is critical to landing the job. Get plugged into the following:
- Access Tallahassee
- Big Bend Paralegal Association
- Business and Professional Women/Tallahassee
- Florida Surveying and Mapping Society
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- TalTech Alliance
- Network for Young Professionals
- Refresh Tallahassee
- Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates- Tallahassee & Leon
- Big Bend Society for Human Resource Managers
- Association of Government Accountants
- Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter
- American Advertising Federation Tallahassee
- Design Week Tallahassee
- Women Who Mean Business (Tallahassee Woman Magazine)
- Capital City .NET Users Group
LinkedIn can also provide powerful opportunities to network and find jobs not posted publicly. Create an account and check out the LinkedIn Job Search Checklist and LinkedIn's Student Job Hunting Handbook
Professional Development Video Workshops
Prepare for your transition from college to career with these workshops.
- Overview of Career Center Services & Resources
- Résumé Development
- Social Media & Your Job Search
- Interview Skills & Dress for Success
- Smart Professional Networking
- Self-Directed Search - Career Planning
Use these samples from each of Career Pathways as a guide when developing your résumé.