Let the Career Center assist with preparing for your transition from college to career.
Have your resume reviewed, receive career advice and practice a mini-mock interview, all from professionals in the workforce, by attending CareerFEST!
- Thurs., Feb. 15th from 9am-11am in the Student Union Ballroom
Part-time Job Fair
Find a part-time job and network with over 30 employers at the Spring 2018 Part-time Job Fair!
- Wed., March 28th from 9am-noon in the Student Union Ballroom
- Business Casual Dress required!
Students are encouraged to attend one of our Résumania events for in-person feedback on your résumé. To participate, simply bring both an electronic and hard copy of your resume.
We host Résumania events every semester, and our spring 2018 events are scheduled for:
- Wed., January 31st from 10am-noon in SU 209 (Career Center)
- Tues., March 6th from 2pm-4pm in SU 209 (Career Center)
- Thurs., April 19th from 11am-1pm in SU 209 (Career Center)
Career Center Pop-up
We bring Career Center services to you! Everything from résumé and cover letter reviews to career coaching. Come see us.
- At FSU Advising Day - Wed., Feb. 7th from 10am-noon outside the Student Union Ballroom
- At FAMU Advising Day - Wed., Feb. 21st from 1am-noon outside the Student Union Ballroom
- At STU-FAC Day - Wed., April 4th from 11am-2pm - Lifetime Sports Complex
FutureLink gives you access to TCC’s online job board, résumé builder, virtual mock interview system, and more. Register with FutureLink to create a professional résumé and search jobs exclusive to TCC students and alumni.
Head to the Career Center lobby to find postings on our job board.
Want to be a trend setter? View the hottest occupations in the State of Florida and Big Bend region. Career Coach
Interview Prep. & Tips
Are you prepared for your job interview? If not, schedule a mock interview with a Career Center professional or practice a virtual mock interview in FutureLink. Also, below are some quick tips to prepare you for the big day.
Networking with industry professionals is critical to landing the job. Get plugged into the following:
- Access Tallahassee
- Big Bend Paralegal Association
- Business and Professional Women/Tallahassee
- Florida Surveying and Mapping Society
- Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce
- TalTech Alliance
- Network for Young Professionals
- Refresh Tallahassee
- Network of Entrepreneurs and Business Advocates- Tallahassee & Leon
- Big Bend Society for Human Resource Managers
- Association of Government Accountants
- Florida Public Relations Association Capital Chapter
- American Advertising Federation Tallahassee
- Design Week Tallahassee
- Women Who Mean Business (Tallahassee Woman Magazine)
- Capital City .NET Users Group
LinkedIn can also provide powerful opportunities to network and find jobs not posted publicly. Create an account and check out the LinkedIn Job Search Checklist and LinkedIn's Student Job Hunting Handbook