MANDATORY HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
International students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to have comprehensive health insurance for the duration of their academic program at TCC. This is a mandatory requirement that cannot be waived.
Students must submit proof of insurance to the Office of International Student Services.
Already have insurance?
TCC international students are not required to purchase health insurance from one specific company. If a student decides to purchase health insurance through a private company or bring insurance from his/her home country, the coverage must be approved by ISS and must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Minimum medical benefits of at least $500,000, per accident or sickness
- No Lifetime Maximum
- Maximum annual deductible of $500
- Repatriation of Remains: Unlimited Coverage
- Medical Evacuation: Unlimited Coverage
- 80% coverage for Preferred Providers (in-network)
- Policy provisions must be in English
- The policy has a claims agent located in the United States
Students must complete the Alternate Health Insurance Compliance Form by August 1, 2018 to see if their insurance plan meets the minimum requirements listed above. Students will need to contact ISS at (850) 201-8258 or email@example.com to obtain the form.