MANDATORY HEALTH INSURANCE REQUIREMENT
International students in F-1 or J-1 status are required to have comprehensive health insurance for the duration of their academic program at TCC. This is a mandatory requirement that cannot be waived.
Students must submit proof of insurance to the Office of International Student Services.
Already have insurance?
If student decides to purchase health insurance through a private company or bring insurance from his/her home country, the coverage must meet the following minimum requirements.
- Minimum medical benefits of at least $100,000, per accident or sickness
- Minimum repatration expense benefit of $25,000
- Minimum medical evacuation benefit of $50,000
- A deductible not to exceed $500 per accident or illness
- Co-payment of medical expenses of no more than 25%