Veteran's AffairsCredit for Military Experience
- Request academic transcripts from all prior postsecondary educational institutions (including service schools) he/she has attended. Transcripts must be received and evaluated by the end of the second semester of enrollment.
- Notify the TCC Office of Veterans Affairs once Enrollment Services completes the evaluation.
- Avoid pursuing courses for which he/she may later receive transfer credit. If the student earned an inordinate amount of credits at one or more of his/her prior educational institutions, VA may delay awarding of benefits pending their receipt of TCC’s prior credit evaluation of the student. The VA Coordinator cannot certify courses that the student has previously completed if transfer credit is granted by the Enrollment Services office.
Any veteran who has completed at least one year of active duty service with an honorable discharge is entitled to seven hours of military credit. This includes:
- HSC 1100 (3 credit hours)
- PEM 1101 (2 credit hours)
- MSL 1001 (1 credit hour)
- MSL 1002 (1 credit hour)
Getting ACE Credits
As of March 1, 2013, Joint Services Transcript (JST) has replaced the AARTS (Army transcript), SMART (Navy transcript) and Coast Guard Institute Transcript. The JST brings unity to the transcripts for all military training and experience for service members of all branches, with the exception of the Air Force, which has its own, regionally accredited transcript. The online JST service includes Officer and Warrant Officer training, joint military training conducted by other services, and DANTES funded test scores.
- Air Force - The Community College of the Air Force (CCAF)
- Army, Navy, Marines and Coast Guard - Joint Services Transcript (JST)
- ACE's Military Guide: FAQs
NOTE: If either link prompts you with a security warning, simply accept the security certificate or follow the instructions to add an exception to your browser.