- Get Started
- Become a Mentor
- Calendar of Events
- Speakers and Events
- Veteran Entrepreneur
Introduction to Entrepreneurship Course (ENT0001)
Students and community members looking to explore, start or grow a business can enroll in this non-credit class that can be articulated into 3 credit hours. This course develops necessary business skills like performing a competitor analysis, estimating an accurate sales forecast, creating a marketing plan, determining necessary (lean start-up or bootstrapping) expenses, and writing a business plan. For more information, see course description and objectives.
- Offered as a non-credit course in the fall and spring semesters that can be articulated into 3 credit hours
- Class is held at TCC's Center for Innovation in downtown Tallahassee on Thursdays, 6 p.m.
- Small class size - only 20 applicants will be selected for each class
Current TCC students can register for this course in Eaglenet.
Note, If you are a community member or not a current TCC student, you will need to register as a Workforce Development student prior to registering for the course.
Other Non-Credit Training Options
ASK Credential Training
Earn industry credentials through the nationally recognized Assessment of Skills and Knowledge (ASK) Business Institute. ASK training offers flexible courses that can be taken in any order. Courses are taught in a classroom setting at TCC and are generally shorter compared to a traditional semester course.
Choose from any of the four ASK Credential options:
- Fundamental Business Concepts
- Fundamental Marketing Concepts
- Concepts of Finance
- Concepts of Entrepreneurship & Management
For information about signing up for ASK Credential training courses, please contact us at email@example.com.
From skill-specific classes that cater towards writing a business plan or understanding QuickBooks, to industry-specific teachings, we offer a wide variety of online courses to get you started in your entrepreneur training. These fully-online courses can be taken in any order to allow for flexibility in training.
Our most popular online entrepreneurial-focused starter courses are listed below. For a full listing of courses, visit www.ed2go.com/tcc/.
- How to Start Your Own Business
- Marketing Your Business on the Internet
- Creating a Successful Business Plan
- Small Business Marketing on a Shoestring
- Start and Operate Your Own Home-Based Business
- Introduction to QuickBooks 2015
- Introduction to QuickBooks Online
- Payroll - QuickBooks
- Excel (Intro and Intermediate)
- Word (Intro and Intermediate)
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Project Management
- Employment Law Fundamentals
- Accounting Fundamentals
- Accounting Fundamentals II
- Entrepreneurial Startup and Business Owner Management
- How to Start a Business (Advanced)
The TCC Spark! initiative is sponsored by a grant from Floida Commerce Credit Union, a full-service financial institution with locations throughout North Florida and South Georgia.