Tallahassee, FL (January 15, 2013) - TCC students are encouraged to apply for the China Study Abroad partial scholarship, which provides $1800 to participate in TCC’s Summer 2013 program. To be eligible, students must first complete the regular application for the China Study Abroad Program and submit it with a $150 deposit.
The scholarship is based on financial need. Students with Pell Grants qualify—other students need to fill out the FAFSA form at fafsa.gov to determine need.
To apply for the scholarship, interested students must:
- Have a GPA of at least 2.5
- Have completed one college-level math course
- Have completed both college-level English or communication courses
- Provide one letter or note from a professor or TCC administrator recommending the student for the program
- Provide a short essay regarding why the student wants to participate in the China study abroad program
Preference will be given to students who have taken (or in the process of taking) GEB 1011 and an Accounting course.
Scholarships will be awarded on January 30. The Summer 2013 Chinese Study Program takes place from May 10 to June 21. Tianjin Foreign Studies University is also offering TCC students scholarships if they want to stay at TFSU after the program to study Chinese language. For more information on the scholarship or study abroad opportunity, contact Professor Lee Kitchen at (850) 201-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.