Tallahassee Community College is currently accepting applications for Honors Program Scholarships. The scholarships provide one-year’s full tuition, including labs and fees, with a chance to reapply for a second year. The scholarship deadline for 2014-2015 is May 12.
Students who are awarded an Honors Scholarship will be required to:
- Enroll in at least two Honors courses per semester
- Enroll as a full-time student (12 credit hours)
- Perform three hours of service to the Honors Program per week (45 hours per semester)
- Complete all Honors courses with a grade of “B” or higher
- Maintain an overall minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA
- Participate in Honors activities
In addition to being admitted to the Honors Program, applicants must meet additional requirements.
First-time students must provide proof of one of the following:
- Minimum SAT score of 1170 or ACT score of 25
- Minimum 3.5 high school GPA
- Graduation in the top 10% of high school class
Current, dual-enrolled, returning and transfer students must have:
- A minimum 3.25 cumulative college GPA
- At least 12 but no more than 36 hours of earned college credit
- Ability to complete six Honors courses
Current TCC Honors students must have:
- Active status in the Honors Program
- No more than 36 hours of earned college credit
- The ability to complete course registration requirements
Those wishing to apply may complete the application for the TCC Honors Program Scholarship at www.tcc.fl.edu/scholarships. The application includes an essay and requires a letter of recommendation from an instructor or another appropriate party.