To further prepare registered paramedics who wish to pursue employment advancement opportunities that require an associate degree, such as management and teaching.
The program is composed of three parts:
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (B312)
- Paramedic Certificate (6309)
- Required college and General Education courses
To enroll in this program the applicant must do the following:
- Meet the admission requirements of the Emergency Medical Technician Certificate (B312) program, apply for entry into the EMT program, be accepted and complete the EMT program
- Meet the admission requirements of the Paramedic Certificate (6309) program, apply for entry into the Paramedic certificate program, be accepted and complete the Paramedic certificate program
- Enroll in and complete required college and General Education courses, which may be completed at any time [except for BSC1084C , as this course is a prerequisite for the Paramedic Certificate (6309) program]
The paramedic portion of the A.S. degree in EMS is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs, upon the recommendation of the Committee on Accreditation of Educational Programs for the Emergency Medical Services Professions.
Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
1361 Park Street
Clearwater, FL 33756
This program is approved by the State of Florida Bureau of Emergency Medical Services.
Registered paramedics are employed by emergency care providers, ambulance companies, hospital emergency departments and intensive care units, educational organizations, and other settings.
73 credit hours
A student may declare the A.S. degree in EMS as his or her program of study at any time through the TCC Department of Admissions and Enrollment Services. The student is not officially admitted into the A.S. degree program until the student is enrolled in or has completed the TCC Paramedic program. The student must contact the Division of Healthcare Professions to be officially admitted into the A.S. degree program.
See Additional Healthcare Program Requirements for more important information.
Healthcare Professions, Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
(850) 558-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org
View Information about Graduation Requirements and Year of Entry .