Traffic Crash Reconstruction
FDLE Course 087 (Salary Incentive)
The student will be refreshed on their duties and responsibilities at the scene of a crash. The student will learn how to identify evidence found on the roadway and from the vehicle. An introduction to some of the important mathematical calculations and physical laws will be given. Also, the student will learn how to measure and diagram, and how to use photography and video to document the scene. The student will also participate in practical exercises involving measuring and diagramming.
Course topics will include:
- Physical evidence from the roadway
- Physical evidence from the vehicle
- Frictional forces and acceleration
- Determining speeds from skid mark evidence
- Crash scene photography
- Methods of measuring crash scenes
- Diagramming scenes and use of traffic templates
- Case preparation
This course qualifies for 80 hours of Salary Incentive Credit by the FDLE Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission for law enforcement attendees only.
|There are no items to show in this view of the "Free Training for Florida Law Enforcement" list.|