Disability Support Testing Services
An exciting future awaits you at Tallahassee Community College. We offer the support you need for special accommodations testing and we look forward to contributing to your success.
Who is Eligible?
If you think you have a disability but have not had it documented, contact the Disability Support Services Office at (850) 201-8430. An advisor will explain how to get proper testing and assessment. To be documented, you must have a recent report from a licensed physician or psychologist.
If you are registered with TCC's Disability Support Services Office, you are eligible to take your placement tests and course exams in the Disability Support Testing Center, located in the Fine & Performing Arts Building, 2nd floor, Room 219.
What services are available?
The Disability Support Testing Center utilizes assisted technology to support our students. This technology includes:
- CCTV- a closed circuit magnification television that is utilized by partially sighted persons for reading, writing and viewing small objects
- Zoomtext (Screen enlarger)
- JAWS (Screen Reader)
- Kurzweil (Speech Software)
This technology is used by individuals who need accommodations to perform functions that might otherwise be difficult or impossible.
We also offer note takers, tutors, readers, sign language interpreters, private rooms, extended time, earplugs, approved proctor assistants and a quiet testing environment.
What are the benefits in using Assistive Technology?
- Students are able to comprehend text better
- Students are able to hear and/or see with ease
- Student who may have been limited due to mobility issues are able to have increased access
- Students are able to process their thoughts better
For more information about the Disability Support Testing Center, please contact (850) 201-8271; (850) 201-8676 fax; or email@example.com