Various distance learning (web-based or SPI) courses require a proctored site for testing. Proctor services are only for students who live outside of the service area of Leon, Gadsden and Wakulla Counties.
To register with a proctor, please complete the Online Proctor Form
. Carefully read the form, and provide your name, student ID, telephone number, email address, course, and instructor information. If you need help selecting a proctor, review the List of Approved Proctors
To access the online proctor form and list of approved proctors, click on the appropriate link above and enter your TCC username and password. The user information is the same as that which is used to log-on Blackboard.
If there is not a pre-approved proctor in your area, complete the proctor approval process as follows:
- Print a Proctor Registration Form (.pdf) and complete the student information.
- Give the form to your proctor, and ask them to complete the proctor information.
- The proctor must submit the form to the Testing Center. This form can be faxed to (850) 201-8676 or emailed to email@example.com.
- The Testing Center will evaluate the request and notify the student via email of the status.
*Note: Please allow 48 hours for processing proctor requests.
*Note: Proctor requests will not be processed during midterms or finals weeks.
Before you register with a proctor, ask the following questions:
- What is your testing schedule or hours of operation?
- What fees do you charge?
- Can I take my tests here during midterms and finals? (Some testing centers have limited availability during midterms and finals.)
- Does the proctor site administer both online and paper/pencil exams?
All proctors must be established at the beginning of the semester. Failure to do so may result in missing your testing deadline, receiving an Incomplete grade for the course, or both.
What is ProctorU?
ProctorU is a proctoring service that allows students to take proctored exams at home via web camera. The advantage of utilizing ProctorU is that it allows students to take exams under supervision, without having to travel to another testing center.
The requirements to use ProctorU are a web camera and a high-speed Internet connection. ProctorU assesses a fee for its services.
Please note that ProctorU may only be used to administer exams through an online interface (e.g., Blackboard). It cannot be used to accommodate written exams.
If you have questions, contact the Testing Center's Distance Education Office at (850) 201-6440 or via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org