GED TEST® REGISTRATION
To register for the GED Test®, visit www.GED.com
- Underage Student Waivers – If you are 16 or 17 years of age, you must have approval from the school district in which you live before scheduling test appointments. You must attend an Adult Education class for 60 hours and achieve a specified score on each subtest of the GED Ready Test® before you will be approved to take a GED Test®. You must also have an underage waiver form (Underage Waiver Form) signed by the underage contact for each school district (Underage contact list for each school district ) before you can schedule an appointment to take the GED Test®.
- Accommodations – If you have a documented disability and feel that you need accommodations to take the GED Test®, you must first create a My GED™ account at www.GED.com. Then you will fill out a Request for Testing Accommodations based on the type of disability you have. You can find information about requesting accommodations at Accommodations for Test-takers with Disabilities.
Once you have passed your GED Test®, you will receive your GED® diploma and transcript through GED Credentialing™. Diploma earners will be sent a free secure electronic transcript and diploma delivered to your email. You can easily save your secure electronic transcript and diploma to your hard drive and forward your electronic transcript and diploma directly to schools and employers that request it. The electronic credentials include Blue Ribbon™ Security which verifies the document each time it is opened by a new recipient. Diplomas earned on or after January 1, 2014, will receive the first paper diploma free, but any additional paper diplomas and/or transcripts will cost $15.00 each.
- The Tallahassee Community College Admissions Office requires a paper copy of your transcript. There is a $15.00 fee for each transcript. If you have the transcript sent to yourself, do not open the envelope. It must be brought unopened to the TCC Admissions Office. You also could have the transcript sent to:
Tallahassee Community College Admissions Office
444 Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304-2895
To request transcripts or diplomas earned on or after January 1, 2014, log in to your myGED account . The login is located at the top right side of the page. Click the My Scores tab and then the Order Duplicates tab on the My Scores page. For more detailed instructions, click the following links:
- Click on "My Scores"
- Click "Order Duplicates"
- Select document, then "Transcript"
- Choose whom to send it to
- Choose paper transcript
- Enter mailing address
- If you earned your diploma before January 1, 2014, order transcripts or diplomas from here.