Thank you for your interest in the TCC Internship Program. Our mission is to provide TCC students of all disciplines with tangible work experience that complements the classroom, creating better prepared candidates for the workplace.
TCC's interns work in a temporary position with an emphasis on education and experience. Interns range in age from young adults to those later in life who may be seeking new career skills. Internships can pave the way to employment opportunities, including part-time and full-time paid positions.
Employer Benefits to Hosting an Intern
Supervising an intern requires employee time and talent. Benefits to hosting an intern include:
- Access to students who are enthusiastic about learning
- Chance to mold employees by helping them gain management experience
- Company name recognition on TCC’s campus
- Facilitated links between your business and TCC for potential research, teaching and recruitment opportunities
- Increased number of students who stay in the community post-graduation
- Opportunity to assess the capacities of a potential employee
To host an intern, please register with our online Job Board -TCC FutureLink
. Once your internship is submitted, the request is sent directly to our office for approval. Questions? Please contact the Internship Coordinator at (850) 201-9971 or via email
It is very important that employers review the U.S. Department of Labor laws when requesting unpaid interns. We recommend that you provide at least minimum wage pay for all interns.
To review these laws, view this document: DOL-Internship Test.pdf