Applying for Graduation
In order to graduate from Tallahassee Community College, a student must:
Satisfactorily complete the degree program for which they are enrolled;
Have at least a 2.0 grade point average in their TCC coursework and at least a 2.0 cumulative (all college work) grade point average;
Have earned at least 25% of credit hours toward degree from TCC;
Submit a graduation application through TCC Passport for the semester in which they intend to graduate.
It is important that you submit a graduation application for each program objective - primary and/or secondary - for which you are expecting to earn a degree or certificate.
To determine if you have met graduation requirements, you should review your degree audit and check the graduation status messages near the bottom of the audit. If you have questions, you should contact Lisa Velez-Davis, Transfer and Graduation Specialist, by phone at (850) 201-8443 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Applying for Graduation
If you have been a TCC student since the Fall 2010 term, you may apply for graduation using TCC Passport.
- Go to TCC Passport and sign in using your eAccount Username and eAccount Password.
- Click on the "My Records" tab
- In the "My Records Function" list on the right of the screen, select "Graduation Status."
- You now have the option to select the button next to the program you would like to view. Review the Graduation Status Messages to determine if you have satisfied all degree requirements for graduation. Note: If you have not reached the 75% completion point, you will not be given the option to apply for graduation.
- If 'yes', select the "Apply for Graduation" button at the bottom.
- If you applied for graduation previously and need to make changes to the application, select the "Update Graduation Application" button.
Graduation Application Deadlines
If your degree audit shows you have completed 75% of your degree requirements, submit your application for graduation online by the following deadlines:
Fall graduation - December 1
Spring graduation - April 1*
Summer graduation - July 1
*If you wish to participate in the Spring graduation ceremony, you should apply by January 31 in order to receive information about ordering your cap and gown and instructions on how to prepare.
It is very important that you provide an accurate mailing address because failure to do so will result in delays in receiving your degree (diploma). Confirm that your address in the student database is the one you wish your diploma to be mailed after graduation.
Note: If you feel that an error may have occurred while applying for graduation, please contact the Registrar's Office at (850) 201-8555 to verify that your application was received and processed.
Commencement (Graduation) Information
TCC holds one commencement ceremony each year at the end of the Spring term. The 2015 graduation ceremony will be held on Saturday, May 2, 2015 at 7:30 PM in the Donald L. Tucker Civic Center/Florida State University (formerly known as the Tallahassee-Leon County Civic Center). The Civic Center is located at 505 West Pensacola Street. During the spring semester, the staff from the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs will provide eligible graduation candidates information regarding the commencement exercises. Caps and gowns for the ceremony are ordered through the TCC Bookstore.
For details about the annual commencement ceremony, contact the Office of the Vice President of Student Affairs at (850) 201-8490.