Tallahassee Community College is the college of choice for students whose academic plans include a bachelor’s degree or higher. In addition to our Golden Guarantee Transfer Programs
, TCC offers our graduates many transfer opportunities across the state.
Florida has a “2+2” articulation system. Students who earn an Associate in Arts degree from TCC or one of Florida’s other community colleges are guaranteed admission to one of the 12 state universities
- Students who hold an A.A. degree from a Florida community college will be awarded at least 60 credit hours toward the bachelor’s degree, thus protecting the credits they earned during their freshman and sophomore years at the community college.
- Community college students who transfer to a state university before earning an A.A. degree do not have all the guarantees provided by the articulation agreements and may be denied admission or lose credit when transferring. In most cases, students who transfer without an A.A. degree will have to meet freshman admission standards.
*Florida’s articulation agreement does not guarantee community college Associate of Arts (A.A.) degree holders admission to a particular university or to limited-access programs.
The TCC Transfer Difference:
TCC is dedicated to helping you stay on track to graduate with an A.A. degree and transfer to a four-year college or university. Our advisors will assist you with all aspects of the academic planning process, and our high quality of education prepares students for transfer to any institution. Please refer to the TCC Student Occupational and Academic Resource (TCC SOAR)
page for information on:
- declaring a program of study
- declaring a transfer major
- declaring a transfer institution
- Meta-Majors and Academic MAPs
TCC is an exclusive partner with several area colleges and universities to provide special transfer programs and on-campus advising to ensure a smooth transition. Talk with an advisor about your academic goals to determine which option is right for you.