Continuing TCC Student & Continuing VA Benefits
Students who have attended TCC before and received VA benefits should be aware of the options available to them under the new Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act.
Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act
The Post 9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act was
signed into law on June 30, 2008 and took effect August 1, 2009. This
new chapter provides up to 36 months of educational benefits for
qualifying veterans up to 15 years following discharge or release from
the last period of active duty. This program is also commonly known as
Requirements for Chapter 33 Benefits (Post 9/11)
- Submit an application for admission to the Enrollment Services office. Applications for admission to TCC are available online or in the Enrollment Services office.
- Submit an official high school and/or college transcript(s) or GED test scores to the Enrollment Services office.
- Take the appropriate placement tests, if applicable.
- Submit a complete Residency Affidavit as part of the College Application
NOTE : Please refer to the TCC Admissions page at www.GoToTCC.com for additional information.
- Submit Application for VA Education Benefits (VA Form 22-1990). Veterans on active duty must have this form also signed by the Education Service Officer (ESO). For veterans who received a Certificate of Eligibility from the VA, this form is not needed.
- Submit copy of DD Form 214, Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty (members 4 copy)
- Submit copy of AARTS (Army), or SMARTS (Navy, Marine) or CCAF (Air Force), or request that Coast Guard transcript be sent to TCC Enrollment Service Office.
- Submit a copy of schedule to Veterans Affairs Office.
- Please refer to the TCC Admissions page at www.GoToTCC.com for additional information.
- Those who have changed their major will need to complete a 22-1995 (Chapter 30 or 1606, 1607) or a 22-5495 (Chapter 35).
- Veterans pursuing a double major or double degree need to request approval from the State Approving Agency for Veterans Training. Contact Veterans Services for the appropriate form.
To continue receiving VA Education Benefits, qualifying enrolled students must provide a copy of their schedule to the Veterans Services Office.