All purchases for commodities/services $65,000.00 or more, whether one time purchases or an accumulation of like items, are required to be handled through a competitive solicitation, unless specifically exempt from competitive bidding as indicated in Department of Education Rules and Regulations or Board Policy.
Competitive solicitations are mailed or delivered to the college in a sealed envelope on a specified date and time and are opened on a specified date and time.
Exceptions to the bidding requirement are the following:
1) Educational tests, textbooks, instructional materials and equipment, films, filmstrips, video tapes, disc or tape recordings or similar audio visual materials, and graphic or computer-based instructional software.
2) Library books, reference books, periodicals, and other library materials and supplies.
3) Purchases at the unit or contract prices established through competitive solicitations by any unit of government established by law or buying cooperatives.
5) Services or commodities available only from a single or sole source. (Approved documentation from the manufacturer of the item is required for this type of purchase).
6) Professional services, including, but not limited to, artistic services, instructional services, health services, academic program reviews, lectures by individuals, attorneys, legal services, auditors, and management consultants.
7) Information technology resources as defined in Section 6A-14.0734(2), FAC.
8) Single source procurements for purposes of economy or efficiency in standardization of materials.
9) Items for resale.
Purchases exceeding $250,000 must be approved by the TCC Board of Trustees.