Educators and TCC: Strong partnerships
Recruitment and outreach at TCC is committed to building connections and strong relationships with high schools and educational organizations in the community. Through recruitment and outreach, TCC is dedicated to maximizing a student's transition in to college by providing support and information to educators working with students regarding college readiness, college enrollment assistance, college achievement, and college attainment.
Schedule Workshop or Presentation for your student group
TCC offers presentations and workshops in a variety of career and education related topics:
- Preparing for College in Middle School
- College Preparation in Grades 9-12
- Accessing College as a First Generation College Student
- Helping Adults Transition to College
- Funding College 101: Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Setting Academic, Life and Career Goals
- College Planning for Parents
- College Admissions Basics
- Preparing for Career Success
- TCC Career and Technical Education
- College Lingo: Mastering "College Speak"
Educator and Professional Workshops
TCC also offers brief educator and professional development workshops for groups who work with students making the transition to college. Workshop topics include:
- Fostering a College-Going Culture with Students
- Helping students navigate the high school to college transition
- Pre-College Advising Training for Educators
- Developing student workshops that "POP"
- Using Social Media: Twitter and Facebook to Communicate with Students
- Building a Personal Professional Development Plan
- Coaching and Mentoring Students about Academic and Success Skills
To schedule a workshop contact Lourena Maxwell, email@example.com.
Student Advocacy Information and Free Webinars
Taking a campus tour is a great way to help students discover that TCC is a great fit for them. Students can join one of the Student Ambassadors for an informational and exciting campus tour.
Students can apply to Tallahassee Community College and start their college journey.
Tallahassee Community College tuition is among the most affordable in the state, but part of the college process is applying for scholarships and financial aid. Research financial aid and scholarships available at TCC.
The Career Center offers students services to help them career plan, prepare and place into a job. Additionally, students can discover many internship opportunities available to them.
TCC offers many academic programs to help students meet their academic goals. If students are interested in Science or Math; Communications and Humanities; or Technology and Professional Programs, TCC has a class and program for them.
The TCC Academic Catalog allows you to browse information about TCC's degree and certificate programs and is a great resource for college policies and procedures.
The Testing Center offers placement testing for students entering the college. New students may need to take the FPERT (Florida Postsecondary and Educational Readiness Test) for class placement. TCC also accepts SAT, ACT, and CPT (College Placement Test Scores) that are less than two years old.