Campus PoliceRape Aggression Defense Classes
The Tallahassee Police Department (TPD), Florida State University Police Department (FSU PD) and the TCC Police Department want you to be aware of free self-defense training that is available to women in our community.
The Rape Aggression Defense (R.A.D.) course, offered by TPD and FSU, is taught by nationally-certified R.A.D. instructors. The R.A.D. System is a comprehensive, women-only course that begins with awareness, prevention, risk reduction and risk avoidance, while progressing on to the basics of hands-on defense training. R.A.D. is not a Martial Arts program.
Reasons to Take R.A.D.
- R.A.D. is a system of physical self-defense techniques and risk avoidance for women.
- R.A.D. balances the needs of women to acquire self-defense education in a relatively short period of time by providing short term training opportunities in a progressive building block format.
- R.A.D. teaches you to recognize dangerous situations, and to use potentially life-saving techniques.
- R.A.D. only takes 12 hours, with the last 3 hours as a voluntary simulation.
- R.A.D. is a FREE course offered and instructed by members of the Tallahassee Police Department.
TPD RAD CLASSES
The Tallahassee Police Department offers classes throughout the year. The current schedule of classes can be found here. All classes are 9:00am - 3:30pm unless otherwise noted - Attendance is required for each class date in order to complete the course.
**You must attend all scheduled class dates to complete the course. Participants must be 12 years of age or older to participate.**
Classes will be held at the Lincoln Neighborhood Center, 438 W. Brevard Street.
To sign up for the course contact Lt. Maria Mercurio (R.A.D. Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org or (850)891-4974, or call the Tallahassee Police Department's Crime Prevention Unit at 850-891-4251. Please provide your name, telephone number and the class you wish to attend.
The R.A.D. classes are free, but space is limited so sign up early!
FSU PD RAD CLASSES
Class schedules for FSU PD can be located here. Free non-credit classes are ongoing and registration links are available on their web site.