Tallahassee Community College (TCC) offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package. It includes a variety of insurance, retirement plans, as well as the entitlements of Social Security, Medicare, Unemployment Compensation and Workers’ Compensation.
Insurance plans include medical, dental, life and vision coverage. Retirement plans include the defined benefit Florida Retirement System (FRS) Pension plan and defined-contribution FRS Investment Plan. TCC also offers the Community College Optional Retirement Plan, a defined contribution plan, to eligible Administrators and Faculty employees.
Employees also have the option to contribute on a voluntary basis to a variety of tax shelter accounts such as the 403(b), and/or a 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan. Supplemental insurances are also available to include short term disability, accident, cancer, long term care, legal/identity and voluntary term life insurance for which the employee pays the full premium.
View the 2019 Premium Rate Sheet.
Medical Insurance Benefit Summary
Dependent coverage is additional at the employee’s expense.
Guardian offers two plan options. The employee pays all premiums and can be payroll deducted. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Low Option||High Option|
|Employee + 1||$31.36||$42.97|
Learn more about your dental benefits: Guardian Dental Summary Guide |
An affordable eye care plan is offered through Guardian. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Employee + Spouse||$10.08|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$10.29|
|Employee + Family||$16.27|
Learn more about your Vision benefits: Guardian Vision Benefit Summary |
- Basic Life Insurance: Your employer provides Basic Life Coverage for all full time
employees in the amount of 200% of your annual salary, to a maximum of $580,000. Your Basic Life coverage includes Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance: Employees can apply for additional life insurance coverage in $25,000 increments to a maximum coverage of $500,000. This option has spouse and child benefits.
|Rates||Basic Life||Voluntary Term - Starts at $1.23|
|Child 14 Days to 26 years||N/A||$10,000.00|
Learn more about your Life benefits: Guardian Life Insurance Summary |
Guardian Optional Benefits
Guardian Accidental Insurance Benefits
Accidents happen every day. Did you know almost 39 Million emergency room visits a year are due to an injury?¹ If you were injured from an accident, chances are you will have expenses that you were not anticipating-will you be prepared? Accident Insurance can help you deal with those expenses. Benefit payments can help you with your medical deductibles andco-pays, and cover household expenses like groceries, mortgage payments andchildcare, which can begin to pile up if you have to take some time off from work. You are guaranteed coverage, so please enroll today!
Learn more about your Accidental Insurance benefits: View Summary |
Cancer Insurance Benefits
Cancer is a terrible disease, but fortunately, more and more people are beating it through earlier diagnosis and the ever improving treatments available. However, treatment can be costly. Every year, more and more people are being diagnosed with cancer and the number of new cases is expected to rise to 22 million worldwide within the next two decades.¹ That’s where Cancer insurance can help. It supplements your medical and disability income insurance and helps protect you and your family from the financial hardship you may face while fighting the disease. Cancer Insurance pays benefits to you based on the treatments you receive related to a covered cancer diagnosis. The benefit payment is paid in addition to your medical insurance plan. Coverage is surprisingly affordable, so enroll today and get covered!
Learn more about your Cancer Insurance benefits: View Summary |
Critical Illness Insurance Benefits
It takes a lot to beat a serious illness. Unfortunately, it can also cost a lot. When you or a family member suffers a serious illness like a stroke or heart attack, Critical Illness Insurance can help with expenses that medical insurance doesn't cover like deductibles or out of pocket costs, or services like experimental treatment. Critical Illness supplements your medical and your disability income insurance. The lump sum benefit is paid when you need it most, upon diagnosis, so you can rest assured that you will have funds to offset upcoming out of pocket costs, and that you'll have the flexibility to elect treatments with less worry about the cost. Review
your options and enroll today!
Learn more about your Critical Illness Insurance benefits: View Summary |
Hospital Indemnity Insurance Benefits
Focus on recovery during a hospital stay – not your out-of-pocket costs. A hospital confinement due to an illness or injury can happen to anyone. Chances are when it occurs you will have unplanned expenses to pay. Will you be prepared? Hospital Indemnity insurance benefit payments are made directly to you, no matter what other coverage you may have, and can be used however you choose. These benefit payments can help pay for out-of-pockethealthcare costs or other household expenses which can pile up during a hospital stay. Hospital Indemnity insurance helps provide financial peace of mind – please enroll today!
Learn more about your Hospital Indemnity Insurance benefits: View Summary |
Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance Benefits
You probably have insurance for your car or home, but what about the source of income that pays for it? You rely on your paycheck for so many things, but what if you were suddenly unable to work due to an accident or illness? How will you put food on the table, pay your mortgage or heat your home? Disability insurance can help replace lost income and make a difficult time a little easier. Protect your most valuable asset, your paycheck-enroll today!
Learn more about your Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance benefits: View Summary |
Murphy Meadows, Inc.
A Flexible Spending Account is an employer-sponsored benefit that allows you to pay fot eligible medical expenses on a pre-tax basis. If you expect to incur medical expenses that won't be reimbursed by an insurance company on another pan, FSAs are a great way to save money while covering those costs. You can contribute up to $2,650 annually to your FSA.
Dependent Care FSA (DCA) is a Flexible Spending Account that allows you to set aside pre-tax dollars for Dependent Care expenses. The IRS DCA annual contribution limits are $5,000 if you file your income taxes as single or married filing jointly; and $2,500 if you are married filing separately.
View MMI's FSA Overview.
Prepaid legal services and identity theft protection. It may be purchased on employee and dependents through payroll deduction. View Legal Shield Overview.
2018 Benefits Package
View the 2018 Premium Rate Sheet.
Medical Insurance Benefit Summary
Dependent coverage is additional at the employee’s expense.
Florida Combined Life (FCL) offers two BlueDental Choice PPO plans. The employee pays all premiums and can be payroll deducted. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Low Option||High Option|
|Employee + 1||$31.86||$43.87|
An affordable eye care plan is offered through VSP. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Employee + Spouse||$10.78|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$11.09|
|Employee + Family||$15.36|
- Group Term Life Insurance: TCC provides life insurance, in the amount of two times the annual salary, for full-time employees and part-time employees in an established position with a maximum coverage amount of $200,000. Life insurance for full-time faculty is two times the two-semester contract. The life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM. Dependent coverage is not available.
- Supplemental Life Insurance: Employees can apply for additional life insurance coverage for up to 3 times their annual salary, maximum coverage of $500,000. The rates are $.277 per thousand dollars per month. Premiums are payroll deducted monthly. The supplemental life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM.
- Dependent Only Life Insurance: Employees may purchase up to $20,000 life insurance on their spouse; and up to $10,000 on their children. The dependent only life insurance is offered through the Florida Community College Risk Management Consortium and is administered by UNUM. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Cost Plan 1 - $.79||Cost Plan 2 - $1.58||Cost Plan 3 - $3.16|
|Child 14 Days to 6 months||$500.00||$500.00||$500.00|
|Child 6 months to 25 years||$2,500.00||$5,000.00||$10,000.00|
- Medical or Dependent Day Care Reimbursement Accounts (Flex Spending): Employees may set up medical reimbursement accounts up to $2,500.00 per calendar year and/or dependent care accounts up to $5,000.00 per calendar year onapre-taxed basis.
- Custom Benefits
- Short-Term Disability: Short-term disability for employee and spouse and may choose from variable elimination periods.
- Accident: Accident plan for employee and family which may help defray costs associated when the employee or a family member is injured in an accident. Includes an accidental death benefit of $75,000 and a wellness benefit of $60.00.
- Cancer Insurance: Cancer plan for employee and family to assist with finances for cancer treatment and care.
Specified Health Event Protection: Supplemental insurance plan for employee and family that include benefits for heart attacks, strokes, coronary artery bypass surgery, coma, paralysis major third-degree burns, end-stage renal failure and major human organ transplants.
- Hospital Protection: Supplemental insurance plan for employee and family that includes benefits for hospital confinement, diagnostic testing, wellness and more.
- Life Protector: 10-, 20-, or 30-year term life insurance for employee, spouse and/or dependent children.
Custom Benefits (Allstate)
- Short-Term Disability: Short-term disability for employee. May choose from 3 plans with optional accident only benefits for employee and/or family.
- Heart/Stroke Insurance: Coverage provides benefits for employees and/or family treated for illnesses resulting from heart attack, heart disease or stroke.
- Universal Whole Life Insurance: Employees may apply for whole life insurance for up to $50,000 face value. Spouses and dependents may apply for whole life insurance up to $25,000 face value.
- Cancer: Cancer plan for employee and family in the event you or a covered family member is diagnosed with cancer or one of the other 20 specified diseases.
Lincoln Financial Group
- Prepaid legal services and identity theft protection. It may be purchased on employee and dependents through payroll deduction.
TCC offers employees:
- To Study at TCC - Take classes at TCC (for you, your spouse or your dependent) up to six credit hours per person, per semester. For more details, see policy #04-14, Tuition Reimbursement Non-TCC Courses and policy #04-15, TCC Classes for College Employees.
- Health & Wellness Resources - Access the employee-only gym with valid ID. Employees can take fitness classes, join groups, and have the opportunity to apply for the TCC Fit program through the Center for Professional Enrichment. See list of current offerings.
- Arts and Athletic Admission - Attend Theatre TCC! performance events free with valid ID, and free admission for one guest. Employees can also attend all TCC Eagles home games for free.
- Use of Resources - Feel free to utilize the Library and other Learning Resource Centers.
- Professional Development - Develop your skills through TCC Online for Faculty and .
TCC Employees receive discounts on:
- AAA Motor Club South - New member will receive 14 months of coverage for the cost of 12 months.
- Amusement - Wild Adventures, Daytona Discounts
- Ashley Furniture - Receive a community partners discount
- Car Rentals - Enterprise Rent-A-Car and National Car Rental | Learn more
- Cellphone Carriers - Verizon Wireless, AT&T, T-mobile, Sprint
- Computer Repair Doctor - Receive 10% off all repairs with valid ID
- Conferences and Event Rental Space - Employees receive 50% off when on campus for personal events.
- H&R Block - $25 off Tax Prep services, 35% off Online Tax Prep fees, 20% off Tax Prep software
- Silver Airways - Take 20% off of flights to and from Tallahassee
- TCC Bookstore - 10% off at main campus bookstore. Discount does not include textbooks, computer hardware/software.
Contact Our Benefits Team
Whether you are newly hired or nearing retirement, the Benefits team is available to answer your benefit questions, assist you in resolving benefit issues, and provide you with information to make informed benefit choices.
If you have questions whether you are eligible for benefits and retirement programs, you are welcome to discuss them confidentially with a member of the Benefits Team. Email email@example.com or call (850) 201-8510.
The following holidays are observed on the main campus:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day & Day After
- Christmas Day
Faculty holidays are designated in the College's academic calendar. Contract/Grant employee holiday schedules are determined each year according to the specific requirements of the Contract/Grant.
Winter and Spring Breaks
During winter and spring breaks the college operates with limited staff. All non-exempt full time employees who work during these times will earn Compensatory leave. The upcoming winter and spring breaks for the 2018-2019 academic calendar year are:
Mid-Year (Winter) Break:
Dec. 14, 2018 (College Closes at 1 p.m.) – Jan. 1, 2019
March 18-22, 2019