Tallahassee Community College (TCC) offers eligible employees a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide employees and their families with a broad range of employer and employee-paid benefit options. Eligibility for benefits is defined by your employment classification.
For us, your health is a top priority. We offer several health plans, dental plans, and vision insurance plans to choose from. All plans have the option to include your eligible dependents and we pay for a portion of the insurance coverage to help offset the cost. Supplemental insurances are also available to enroll in such as short-term disability, long-term disability, accident, hospital indemnity, critical illness, legal/identity theft coverage, and voluntary term life insurance.
TCC participates in the Florida Retirement System (FRS) which includes a defined benefit Pension plan and defined-contribution Investment Plan. TCC also offers the option for eligible Administrators and Faculty to participate in the Community College Optional Retirement Plan (CCORP), (see HR if you are interested)
Eligible employees may elect pre-tax salary deductions to contribute on a voluntary basis to a variety of tax shelter accounts such as a 403(b), and/or a 457(b) Deferred Compensation plan. For a full list of eligible providers, please click here.
Standard Insurance offers two plan options. The employee pays all premiums and can be payroll deducted. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Rates||Low Option||High Option|
|Employee + 1||$33.50||$47.90|
Learn more about your dental benefits: 2022 The Standard Insurance - Dental Plans, Low and High Summary Guide
An affordable eye care plan is offered through The Standard - VSP Network. Employees may elect coverage for themselves and their eligible dependents. Monthly premiums are as follows:
|Employee + Spouse||$8.40|
|Employee + Child(ren)||$8.57|
|Employee + Family||$13.56|
Learn more about your Vision benefits: 2022 The Standard - Vision Insurance (VSP) Summary Guide
- Basic Life Insurance: TCC provides Basic Life Insurance Coverage for all full-time employees in the amount of 200% of your annual salary, to a maximum of $600,000. Your Basic Life Insurance coverage includes Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage.
- Voluntary Term Life Insurance: Full-Time Employees can apply for additional voluntary employee life insurance coverage in $25,000 increments to a maximum coverage of $500,000. Employees can also elect voluntary spouse life insurance and voluntary child life insurance. (Employees must elect Voluntary Employee Life to be eligible to elect Voluntary Spouse or Voluntary Child Life Insurance)
Learn more about your Life Benefits:
The Standard Optional Insurance Benefits
Critical Illness Insurance Benefits
Hospital Indemnity Insurance Benefits
Murphy Meadows, Inc.
TCC offers the option to elect prepaid legal services and identity theft protection through our provider LegalShield. This is an employee-paid benefit and it may be purchased during New Hire or Open Enrollment.
TCC offers employees:
- Tuition Reimbursement for Non-TCC Courses and Tuition Waiver for classes at TCC.
- Tuition Reimbursement for Non-TCC Courses (Employee only)
- Tuition Waiver - Take classes at TCC (for you, your spouse, or eligible dependent) with the Employee Tuition Waiver Benefit.
- For more details,
- Policy 1520/2520/3520 - Professional Development and Tuition Waivers
- Policy 1420/2420/3420 - Benefits and Privilege - TCC Classes for Spouses and/or Dependents of College Employees
- To request TCC Waiver form: Employee Tuition Benefit Form 2020.
- For more details,
- Health & Wellness Resources - Access the employee-only gym with a valid ID. Employees can take fitness classes, join groups, and have the opportunity to apply for the TCC Fit program through the Center for Professional Enrichment. See
- Arts and Athletic Admission - Attend performance events free with a valid ID, and free admission for one guest. Employees can also attend all TCC Eagles home games for free.
- Use of Resources - Feel free to utilize the Library and other Learning Resource Centers.
- Employee Assistance Program through Florida State University, for more information call (850) 644-2288 or visit Employee Assistance Program
TCC Employees receive discounts on:
- AAA Motor Club South - 15% discount off new membership. Must advise them you are a TCC employee.
- Daytona Speedway Discounts
- Ashley Furniture - 25% off or 72 months interest-free. Must advise them you are a TCC employee.
- Car Rentals - Avis and Budget Car Rental. Avis and Budget Car Rental
- Cellphone Carriers - Verizon Wireless, AT&T, Sprint
- Conferences and Event Rental Space - Employees receive 50% off when on campus for personal events.
- H&R Block - $25 off Tax Prep services, 35% off Online Tax Prep fees, 20% off Tax Prep software
- TCC Bookstore - 10% off at main campus bookstore. The discount does not include textbooks, computer hardware/software
- Take 5 Oil Changes - Click the link, for discount information and a printable coupon card.
Contact Our Benefits Team
Whether you are newly hired or nearing retirement, the Benefits team is available to answer your benefits questions, assist you in resolving benefits issues, and provide you with information to make informed benefits choices.
If you have questions about whether you are eligible for benefits and retirement programs, you are welcome to discuss them confidentially with a member of the Benefits Team. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (850) 201-8510.
The following holidays are observed on the main campus:
- New Year's Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Juneteenth Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Veteran's Day
- Thanksgiving Day & Day After
- Christmas Day
Faculty holidays are designated in the College's academic calendar. Contract/Grant employee holiday schedules are determined each year according to the specific requirements of the Contract/Grant.
Winter and Spring Breaks
During winter and spring breaks the college operates with limited staff. All non-exempt full time employees who work during these times will earn Compensatory leave. The upcoming winter and spring breaks for the 2022-2023 academic calendar year are:
Mid-Year (Winter) Break:
Dec. 16, 2022 (College Closes at 1 p.m.) – Jan. 3, 2023
March 13 - 17, 2023