Provost's OfficeSummer Scholar Program
- Academic Appeals
- Academic Support
- Class Recordings (HB 233) - Faculty Info
- Faculty Senate
- Faculty/Student Evaluation
- Faculty Workload Resources
- Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students (H.A.T.S.)
- Open Education Resources
- Summer Scholar Program
- TCC 32304 Scholarship
- TCC Fast Track Helios Scholarship
- Travel/Professional Development Funding
- LIVE AFTER 5
The Summer Scholar Program is a cohort-based pathway for graduated seniors of the Leon, Gadsden, and Wakulla County schools that plan to attend TCC as a freshman during the Fall term. This program launches a new cohort of students for the June Express session during each summer term. These students will learn and grow together as they are placed in the same courses for that initial start of the program and provided with engaging enrichment sessions focused on career building, goal setting, and many more empowering initiatives.
As the cohort progresses to the Fall term, the students are allotted additional opportunities that will lead to college success. This includes being paired with committed mentors that aim to provide positive accountability and support.
To apply to the program a student is required to:
- Be a high school graduate from Leon, Gadsden, or Wakulla County.
- Show a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher -OR- College Level ACT/SAT scores (ACT Score: 25; SAT Score: 1200).
- Complete the FAFSA form for the proper academic year associated with the start of the program.
Students that are accepted in the program receive up to 6-credit hours for FREE on the select choice of June Express courses and a textbook stipend.
Applications for Summer 2021 are closed. The applications for next year will open in May 2022.
For any questions, please feel free to contact the program coordinators: