Healthcare ProfessionsNurse Assistant PSAV Certificate
- Dental Hygiene, A.S.
- Emergency Medical Services Technology A.S.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
- Nurse Assistant PSAV Certificate
- Nursing (R.N.) A.S.
- Nursing (BSN)
- Paramedic Certificate
- Radiologic Technology, A.S.
- Respiratory Care, A.S.
- Surgical Technology Specialist Certificate
- Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Application Process and Deadlines
- Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
- All Other Programs of Study
Approximate Course Cost: $320.28 (in-state PSAV tuition rate) + $17.50 (liability insurance) = $337.28. Financial Aid is not available for this course.
Deadlines: Please see Healthcare Professions Application Deadlines
This course prepares students for the certification exam and subsequent employment as Nursing Assistants in long-term care facilities, clinics, home care and hospitals.
Students learn to identify and meet basic patient care needs for safety, vital signs, comfort, and activities of daily living. Students then have the opportunity to practice their newly acquired skills and knowledge in a healthcare setting. The program includes 80 hours of classroom/lab instruction plus 40 hours clinical internship in local healthcare facilities. Students must attend all required hours. Students must successfully complete both the classroom and clinical portions of the class in order to be eligible to take the certification examination.
Graduates must pass the certification examination to become a certified nursing assistant (CNA) to practice in the State of Florida. The State of Florida requires that a nursing assistant must have a standard high school diploma or GED, be 18 years old and pass a state and national background check.
Student must complete the application process, with satisfactory results, by the stated deadline in order to be eligible to attend the first class.
Students must complete the following requirements by the deadline in order to be eligible for the Nursing Assistant program:
- Submit a TCC Application
- Submit copies of official transcripts
- Submit an application to the Nurse Assistant program
- Pass a Level 1 Background Check (background checks are approximately $111)
- Pass a drug screening test
- Must have Basic Life Support (BLS) certification for healthcare providers. View application packet below for more details.
- Required immunizations/screenings
To apply for this program, complete the Certified Nursing Assistant Program Application packet and return it to the Division of Healthcare Professions by the deadline date.
Return completed packets to: