Healthcare ProfessionsNursing (BSN)
- Dental Hygiene, A.S.
- Emergency Medical Services Technology A.S.
- Emergency Medical Technician Certificate
- Nurse Assistant PSAV Certificate
- Nursing (R.N.) A.S.
- Nursing (BSN)
- Paramedic Certificate
- Radiologic Technology, A.S.
- Respiratory Care, A.S.
- Surgical Technology Specialist Certificate
- Dental Hygiene Clinic
- Application Process and Deadlines
- Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
- All Other Programs of Study
- Nursing Faculty
The Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree provides registered nurses with academic and workforce pathways to higher level positions, including entry into leadership and management. A BSN also provides individuals with an academic pathway into master’s and doctoral nursing programs.
The program is designed for currently licensed registered nurses who have completed an Associate in Science Degree in Nursing (ADN). The curriculum complements the coursework and clinical experiences of the ADN providing a seamless and efficient pathway for BSN students.
BSN courses are offered online allowing students to move through the program at a pace determined by the student. Candidates must receive their BSN within four years of beginning the core nursing courses (NURXXXX). Courses are offered through the Division of Healthcare Professions located at the Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education (GCHE).
The RN to BSN Degree nursing program at Tallahassee Community College located in Tallahassee, Florida is accredited by the: Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) 3390 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 1400 Atlanta, GA 30326 404-975-5000
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the RN-to-BS degree nursing program is Initial Accreditation.
View the public information disclosed by the ACEN regarding this program at http://www.acenursing.us/accreditedprograms/programSearch.htm
30 hours of Nursing core (upper division). Students will have four calendars years after starting the Nursing core curriculum to complete the program.
The curriculum was designed by nursing faculty and is built on the fundamental knowledge ADN graduates acquired in their generic nursing education. Additionally, the curriculum encompasses the standards found in the Florida Department of Education curriculum frameworks, the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN) standards, recommendations found in both the Institute of Medicine’s 2020 document and the Quality and Safety Education for Nursing (QSEN) standards. Graduates of the program will be prepared to assume entry level leadership and other higher level positions in professional nursing practice.
Tuition and Fees*
The below chart illustrates approximate program costs. Fees are subject to change due to Legislation actions and/or directives from TCC District Board of Trustees. For more information about tuition and fees, click here.
Cost Per Credit Hour
Number of Credit Hours
Lower Division Courses (TCC)
RN to BSN
Lower Division Core
Courses (18 Credits)**
RN to BSN
Upper Division Courses
*Does not include additional textbook fees
**The number of lower division courses may vary dependent on student's core completion
Each Nursing Core course is taught online and requires an online fee of $10.00 per credit hour as well as a purchase of Course Connect access code from the TCC Bookstore. The Course Connect access provides the student with a E-textbook as well as access to the course materials, assignments, quizzes, and tests on the Canvas learning management system.
- Be at least 18 years of age and meet all admission requirements of the College
- Have earned a standard high school diploma from an approved high school, or have earned a GED
- Submit a TCC application and supplemental program application
- Be a graduate of a nationally-accredited registered nurse program (associate degree or diploma program) from a regionally accredited institution
- Possess a current, valid, unrestricted, unencumbered RN license in the state(s) the student will reside while completing any portion of the coursework
- Have a minimum 2.0 cumulative GPA from a regionally accredited college/university
Steps to Apply
This is a limited-access program but is currently not a limited enrollment program. Applicants are accepted based on the admission requirements and deadlines described below. There is no waiting list for this program.
Steps to Apply:
- Apply to TCC
- Apply to the BSN Program
- Pay the $30 application fee via Eaglenet, or mail or pay in person at the Office of the Cashier located on TCC's main campus. Payments are not to be sent to the Nursing Department.
The $10K BSN
$10K BSN Degree
Are you eligible?
All in-state students are opted into the program upon their initial enrollment at TCC. There are no forms or applications to fill out. In order to remain in the program, students must meet the following requirements on a continuing basis:
- Maintain Florida residency
- Maintain a minimum of 3.0 each term while enrolled in associate’s and bachelor’s program.
- Complete the FAFSA each year
- Be full-time and successfully complete at least 30 credit hours per academic year
- Be continuously enrolled in an associate’s and bachelor’s degree program at TCC. Students must complete in a maximum of 4 years upon initial enrollment in TCC.
- Prep and repeat courses, withdrawals, failures or credit hours taken outside the program of study are excluded and are the responsibility of the student
- Costs associated with special course fees, lab fees, textbooks, or associated costs are excluded and are the responsibility of the student.
At the completion of the BSN degree, the College will determine if the student has met all of the eligibility requirements. If all requirements are met, the student will receive a refund on tuition payments over $10,000, after deducting any financial aid received during their time in the program. Students will not be reimbursed for any of the uncovered costs mentioned above.
Did You Know?
TCC’s Online Nursing Degree Program is ranked number one in the nation for affordability. The rankings were recently announced by the Education Reference Desk, a nationally recognized provider of college planning resources. All schools considered for the ranking are regionally or nationally accredited, offer at least one fully online business degree and were collected from official accrediting agency websites. Click here to learn more.