Learning CommonsSuccess Coaching
- Test Resources
- Success Coaching
- About Us
- Learning Commons Awards
- Information For Faculty
- LC Frequently Asked Questions
- Meet the Staff
- Boot Camp
Success Coaching is a free service for students at TCC offered to advance college success skills, navigate the new college environment, and achieve academic, professional, and personal goals. Our team of Success Coaches offers guidance and resources to students in a non-judgmental and supportive environment. On-campus and virtual success coaching is available to all students.
We help with:
- Time management and work/life balance
- Study skills and notetaking
- Motivation and goal setting
- Test-taking and test anxiety
- Navigating college life
Work with an academic success coach to improve your time management and overcome procrastination once and for all. Your coach can help you set up a time management tool or guide you through a more effective way to structure your time.
- Time Management Videos
- Time Management Resources/Handouts
Find the best way to study for your classes with the help of an academic success coach. Want to put together a study group? An academic success coach can also help facilitate group study sessions.
- Study Skills Videos
- Study Skills Resources/Handouts
Make the most out of your classes with notetaking methods that advance your learning. An academic success coach can help you find a notetaking style that you can stick with.
- Notetaking Videos
- Notetaking Resources/Handouts
Test Taking and Overcoming Test Anxiety
Test anxiety is very common among college students. By practicing impactful test-taking strategies with an academic success coach, you can work towards overcoming this stressful phenomenon.
- Test Taking Videos
- Test Taking Resources/Handouts
What are your long- and short-term goals, and how do you plan to get there? Your academic success coach can help you set and meet your goals.
- Goal Setting Videos
- Goal Setting Resources/Handouts
- Goal Setting Recommended Websites
Staying Motivated and Managing Stress
Feel yourself becoming unmotivated? Meet with your academic success coach to learn motivation strategies to help you keep your eye on the prize.
- Staying Motivated and Managing Stress Videos
- Staying Motivated and Managing Stress Resources/Handouts
Preparing for Class & Understanding Class Expectations
Your academic success coach can help you prepare for class. Skills include organizing, prioritizing academics, problem-solving, and better understanding the expectations of your class.
- Class Preparation and Expectations Videos
- New Semester, New Me
- Creating Your Online Learning Plan
- Top Ten Tips for Your Online Toolbox
- Professor Communication
- June Express Success
- Succeeding in a Zoom Classroom
- Online Class Success
- Writing Discussion Board Posts
- Overcoming Writer's Block
- Tips to Improve Your Writing
- How to Use Canvas
- Using Honorlock at TCC
- Class Preparation and Expectations Resources/Handouts
The purpose of being placed on academic alert is to help connect you with resources to support you in learning college success skills to have better academic performance. Meeting with an advisor or an academic success coach and utilizing resources like the Learning Commons can help you have a great next semester.
Our team of coaches specializes in college success skills. We host 1-on-1 coaching sessions to help you personalize your studying and goal setting. Our favorite topics include time management, work/life balance, catching up, study skills, and more!
- Our Favorite Success Resources
- Take a fun quiz to discover your learning style.
- Falling behind on assignments? Check out this video.
- Maximize your time with this workshop.
- Go back to basics with these time management tips.
- Learn how to take effective notes.
- Try out the Cornell notetaking system!
- Modify your Cornell notes for math classes.
- What are the 5 Rs of Notetaking?
- Study smarter, not harder!
Your academic alert contact: Jorlyse Dickens (email@example.com)
"In my experience, Success Coaching has made a prominent impact on my readiness for class. The coaches have not only increased my level of preparedness but also the confidence I carry going into my weeks. I am thankful for the existence of this program." -Jonathan, TCC Student
Want to Share Your Story? Complete Student Testimonial Form