444 Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32304
Circulation: (850) 201-8376
Reference: (850) 201-8383
Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education:
1528 Surgeons Drive
Tallahassee, FL 32308
Library Staff Directory
Library Directors Office
email@example.com | (850) 201-8396
Tanja Waller, Assistant to the Director
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6108
Tricia Elton, Faculty Librarian /
Interim Chair, Access and Technical Services
email@example.com | (850) 201-6181
Rita Dickey, Library Technical Assistant II
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6178
Jamie Johns, Library Technical Assistant II
email@example.com | (850) 201-6177
Victor Keaton, Library Technical Assistant I
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-8257
Gregory Robinson, Library Technical Assistant I
email@example.com | (850) 201-6214
Sabrina Dyck, Faculty Librarian
History and Education
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6194
Tricia Elton, Faculty Librarian
English, Social Sciences and Learning Commons
email@example.com | (850) 201-6181
Helene Gold, Faculty Librarian
Humanities, Speech, and TCC Online
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6191
Kelli Herm, Faculty Librarian
Career Center, Transitional Studies and Student Life Skills
email@example.com | (850) 201-6513
Fyiane Nsilo-Swai, Faculty Librarian
Mathematics, Science, STEM Center and Student Life Skills
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6192
Natalee Reese, Faculty Librarian
Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Professions
email@example.com | (850) 558-4560
Sheri Thomas. Library Technical Assistant II, Reference
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6188
Sila Lott, Faculty Librarian
English, and Foreign Languages
email@example.com | (850) 201-6182
Kendra Heinold, Library Services Specialist
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6185
Library Technical Assistant I, Technical Processing
email@example.com | (850) 201-6184
Susie Del Rosario
Library Technical Assistant II, Technical Processing
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 201-6183
Natalee Reese, Faculty Librarian, Ghazvini Center
email@example.com | (850) 558-4560
Joy McGriff, Library Technical Assistant I
firstname.lastname@example.org | (850) 558-4537
Riley House Archives
Torrio Osborne, Riley House Liaison
email@example.com | (850) 201-9728
Division and Department Liaisons
Business, Industry and Technology
Center for Professional Enrichment
Student Accessibility Services
FPSI: Florida Public Safety Institute
Science & Mathematics
Fyiane Nsilo Swai
TCC Library Mission Statement
In support of the mission of Tallahassee Community College, the Libraries serve as a locus in providing academic and social spaces that promote educational, cultural, technological and lifelong learning opportunities for students, faculty, staff and members of the community. By facilitating access to services and resources that support current and emerging trends in higher education, the Libraries are responsive to the needs of the College’s learning community.
Library Use Guidelines
The TCC Library strives to maintain an environment conducive to study, computing and personal enrichment. Adherence to the following guidelines is appreciated.
- The TCC Library welcomes anyone to visit our library. Some services are limited to current TCC and University Partner (Barry, Flagler, St. Leo, and Thomas) students, faculty and staff.
- Library Users are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that is respectful of the normal activities and function of the Library, its staff and other library users, and are expected to adhere to TCC Policy 03-26 (Computer Security and Access, Software Licensing, and Electronic Correspondence) and the TCC Student Code of Conduct.
- Students using the computers for academic purposes will be given first priority. Students using the computers for non-academic purposes may be asked to relinquish computer access during peak times.
- Current students are allotted $4 per semester for printing (50 double-sided b&w pages). Additional funds can be added as needed. Staff is available to answer questions and assist you with the equipment and software.
- Please finish all food and tobacco products before entering the building. Beverages with tight-fitting lids are permitted. For your convenience, food is permitted in the 1st floor Learning Commons Lobby and at the picnic tables on the Library patio.
- Cell phone conversations, music or other multimedia should not be audible to others. Please use designated cell phone areas for phone conversations. Headphones are available for check out on the 2nd floor.
- When you leave the computers, remember to log-off, and take your flash drive, books, and other personal items. Computers left unattended may be logged out and offered to another student for use.
- Children supervised by a parent or adult caregiver are welcome in the Library. Disruptive children and their accompanying will be asked to leave. No child under the age of 18, except registered TCC students, may use the computers.
- Designated quiet study areas are available on both the first and second floors. Noisier activities will be redirected elsewhere.
Circulation of Library Materials
TCC Faculty and Staff
The TCC Library has computers available for use by TCC Students. Current students are allotted a specific amount of printing per semester, pre-paid from student fees. Additional printing is available for a small fee. Learn more about our Printing Services.
TCC library visitors are expected to adhere to TCC Policy 03-26 (Computer Security and Access, Software Licensing, and Electronic Correspondence) and the Student Code of Conduct.
Group and single use study rooms are available for currently-enrolled TCC and University Partner student groups on a "first-come, first-served" basis. Food is not allowed in the study rooms. Rooms are for quiet study. Violation of room policies will result in loss of room privileges.
First floor room keys can be checked out at the Access Services Desk.
Second floor room keys can be checked out at the Reference Desk.
Study rooms are available in two-hour time blocks. Dry erase markers are available upon request.
Photocopiers and Fax Services
Photocopiers are available for use by library visitors.
Faxing is provided for current TCC students at the 1st floor Circulation Desk. A current TCC ID card is required.
Collection Development Policy
The primary collection development goal of the Tallahassee Community College library is to provide and maintain collections in a variety of formats that support the curriculum and instructional programs of the College, a two-year lower division institution. A secondary priority is to provide resources that support and enrich personal and professional growth and promote the development of an engaged and informed citizenry. This policy outlines the standards and guidelines for the selection and maintenance of the Library’s collection, serves as a consistent framework for those responsible for collection development and communicates library policy to students, faculty, staff and the community.
View the full Collection Development Policy.
The TCC Library strives to provide a learning environment conducive to study and research for students, faculty, staff and community members. Children are welcomed in the library, but, in order to preserve the rights and privileges of other patrons and to protect your children, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Children must be accompanied by a parent or adult caregiver who will be responsible for continuous supervision, including appropriate behavior.
- Loud, noisy, or disruptive behavior is inappropriate and the adult will be asked to remove the child from the building until such behavior is mitigated.
- Any person under the age of 18, except registered TCC students, may not use a public computer due to non-filtered Internet access.
- If a child is left in the library without adult supervision, Campus Police will be notified.
- Anyone not abiding by these guidelines will be asked to leave the library.
Current students and staff of any Florida public college or university are eligible to use selected resources at any other Florida college library through our statewide reciprocal borrowing agreement.
These privileges often include the ability to check out books and select other materials and the use of the library facility for studying.
Locally, this means that TCC students may use the libraries at FSU and FAMU. Students must show their TCC ID card with a current semester sticker to utilize these services. Materials checked out are subject to local rules regarding check out period and overdue fees.
Services for the General Public
Current students and staff of any Florida public college or university are eligible to use selected resources at any other Florida college library through our statewide reciprocal borrowing agreement. Students must show their current school ID card and be in good standing at their home institution to utilize these services. At TCC, these privileges include the ability to check out books and select other physical materials and the use of the library facility for studying. Reference materials and serials may be used in-house but not checked out.
Open Wi-Fi access is available on both floors of the library.
The library holds a small collection of textbooks and other items placed on Reserve by the TCC Faculty. Current students may check out one item at a time for one hour of in-library use. A valid TCC ID card is required. Students that keep reserves items past the time due may will their ability to use items from this collection.
Faculty wishing to add an item to the Reserve collection may do so by completing a Reserves Form and bringing the item to the main library service desk on the 1st floor.
Welcome to the Tallahassee Community College Libraries’ website! This is your gateway to the rich array of services and resources the Libraries offer. From its sizeable physical collection of books, journals and DVDs plus access to over 50,000 e-books, 90,000 streaming videos and 121 subscription databases, the TCC Libraries are a powerhouse of scholarship and information to assist and enrich you in your academic and personal research pursuits. However, our finest resource is our team of fabulous information professionals – our TCC faculty librarians and staff! We are here to assist you in navigating our resources whether you are a student, faculty member or staff member. The TCC Libraries strive to be friendly, helpful and knowledgeable and our team will go out of their way assist you whether you are novice or seasoned researcher or even if you just looking for something fun to read.
Our online collections are available 24/7 with your TCC network log-in and our librarians are available via chat, phone, email or in-person.
But we sincerely hope you’ll visit our libraries when you are on campus either at the main campus or at the Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education. We would love to meet you and always welcome your thoughts and suggestions.
We wish you great success during your time at TCC and hope that you’ll allow us to help you on your educational journey.