Faculty Online Resources
TCC Online offers training, professional development, and support for faculty who teach online. This includes workshops, webinars, and coaching via phone, email, and in person.
- Online Pedagogy – focuses on training faculty how to teach online covering the pedagogical, social, technical, and managerial roles.
- Course Design and Development – focuses on training and assisting faculty with the design and development of quality online and hybrid courses.
- Quality Assurance – focuses on faculty designing and implementing quality online and hybrid courses. Our processes are grounded in Quality Matters™ standards. In addition, focuses on designers and technologists developing and implementing quality online and hybrid workshops.
- Media and Accessibility – focuses on faculty complying with accessibility laws (Section 504 and 508) in designing web-based courses. This area includes captioning media (audio and video) and online course content (PDFs, images, and more).
- Copyright for Online Instruction – focuses on faculty complying with copyright guidelines such as Fair Use and the TEACH Act for web-based courses.
- Online Student Services – focuses on faculty awareness and use of the online learning services available to students.
- Emerging Online Technologies – focuses on the identification and application of the pedagogical use of online technologies, Web 2.0 tools, and instructional software in web-based courses.
- Canvas Activity Workbook – focuses on the pedagogical applications of the Canvas LMS and apps available to faculty for instruction.