TCC Online for FacultyServices
TCC Online offers training, professional development, and support for faculty who teach online. This includes workshops, webinars, and coaching via phone, email, and in person.
Various training related topics for online faculty include:
- Online Pedagogy – focuses on training faculty how to teach online covering the pedagogical, social, technical, and managerial roles.
- Course Design and Development – focuses on training and assisting faculty with the design and development of quality online and hybrid courses.
- Quality Assurance – focuses on faculty designing and implementing quality online and hybrid courses. Our processes are grounded in Quality Matters™ standards. In addition, focuses on designers and technologists developing and implementing quality online and hybrid workshops.
- Media and Accessibility – focuses on faculty complying with accessibility laws (Section 504 and 508) in designing web-based courses. This area includes captioning media (audio and video) and online course content (PDFs, images, and more).
- Copyright for Online Instruction – focuses on faculty complying with copyright guidelines such as Fair Use and the TEACH Act for web-based courses.
- Online Student Services – focuses on faculty awareness and use of the online learning services available to students.
- Emerging Online Technologies – focuses on the identification and application of the pedagogical use of online technologies, Web 2.0 tools, and instructional software in web-based courses.
- Canvas Activity Workbook – focuses on the pedagogical applications of the Canvas LMS and apps available to faculty for instruction.