The Summer Academy is a six-week program consisting of two clustered classes (ENC 1101 and SLS 1510), a math immersion and student engagement seminars.
Our aim is to connect low-income, minority and first-generation students with faculty, staff and resources across TCC's campus to help them achieve a successful academic, social and personal transition to TCC. Students in the program will work collaboratively among a diverse group of learners and will develop skills necessary to thrive academically and reach their personal goals of certification, graduation, and/or transfer.
- Receive scholarship dollars for free tuition and fees
- Free textbooks and materials
- Priority registration for fall and spring classes
- Create relationships with faculty and staff
- Personalized academic advising in the Advising Center
- Learn about Campus Resources
- Receive a TCC ID Card providing access to all campus facilities and labs
- Be assigned to a College Readiness Coach
- Must be a Florida resident
- Must plan to attend Tallahassee Community College in fall and spring semesters
- Must be one or more of the following: minority, low-income, academically underprepared or a first-generation college student
- Must not have been eligible to enroll in dual-enrollment courses in high school
- Must be a recent high school graduate OR must have achieved a passing GED score
- The following students must produce placement test scores as evidence of college readiness in English and reading:
- Students who complete a GED program
- Students who are not graduates of a Florida public high school
How to Apply
For more information, contact the Transitional Studies Division Office at (850) 201-8505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.