Mentoring Program for Female Students of Color
Sister to Sister is a mentoring program that aims to provide Tallahassee Community College female students holistic support by:
- Helping students achieve a sense of belonging
- Developing character and scholar identity
- Supporting emotional, familial, social and intellectual development
- Facilitating career guidance, networking skills and goal setting
- Promoting civic engagement and community service
- Stimulating and retaining the values for college success
This program begins September 2019. Deadline to apply is October 1.
To qualify for this program, you must:
- Be enrolled at TCC with minimum of 2.0 GPA
- Be committed to academic success and completion
- Attend meetings/online conferences with mentor as scheduled
- Be committed to open and clear channels of communication with the mentor
Become a Mentor
Interested in becoming a mentor for the Sister to Sister program? Serve a minimum of one year and 3 hours per week and make a personal commitment to develop the relationship. Interested individuals should complete the Mentor Application.