Verizon Innovative Learning Summer Camp
Verizon Innovative Learning, Verizon’s education initiative, is a key part of Citizen Verizon, the company’s responsible business plan for economic, environmental, and social advancement. The initiative ensures equitable access to education in under-resourced communities across the nation. In support of under-represented populations in STEM fields, Verizon Innovative Learning in partnership with NACCE offers a year-round program that works with middle-school aged young men of color, and rural young women through over 45 NACCE member colleges across the country to teach next-gen technology skills and entrepreneurship. For this program, each student is offered an immersive STEM experience during a three-week summer camp followed by sessions offered once a month throughout the year. Participants are additionally paired with a mentor for the duration of the program, into the next academic year. Students also receive career exposure opportunities led by Verizon employee volunteers.
Middle School STEM Achievers (All Students)
Interested in participating in Verizon Innovative Learning?
- The four-week summer camp will take place from Monday, June 13 to Friday, July 8, 2022 (9:00 AM to 3:00 PM).
- The summer camp will be IN PERSON.
- The camp is FREE!
- Following the summer, the students will participate in monthly sessions throughout the academic year where they will develop a technology solution for a community/social challenge.
- The school year activities will be All In-Person (September 2022 to May 2023; one Saturday per month from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.).
- This program focuses on middle school students within the Big Bend Area (Leon, Gadsden, Jefferson, and Wakulla counties).
- Technology equipment will be provided for students that make a request (must sign technology borrowing agreement).
- Technology equipment may include a device and/or remote wifi.
- Students with high attendance and engagement during summer camp will receive gift cards and other fun surprises!
The Verizon Innovative Learning Program Orientation (for parents and students) will take place via Zoom. More details about orientation will be shared with those who register.