Veteran Student​​

Students who are veterans, veteran-dependents, active-duty personnel, Reserve and National Guard members, and ROTC cadets follow the below steps to get started at TCC.

We recommend submitting your official transcripts electronically to TCC. Mailed copies will have additional processing times. New employees should still mail their transcripts to TCC for HR processing.

Visit Veterans Affairs for more information.

Apply for Admission

  1. Apply for admission to TCC using our online application
  2. After you submit the online application, you will receive a confirmation page with your TCC Identification number, email address, and password. Keep this page for your records; you will need this information to log in to Workday and MyTCC.

Submit Residency Declaration

Students seeking Florida residency for tuition purposes are required to submit a declaration to the College proving they, or their parent/legal guardian, maintained legal residence in this state for at least 12 consecutive months immediately prior to his or her initial enrollment.

The declaration and all supporting documentation must be submitted online prior to the start of classes.

Apply for Financial Aid and Scholarships

For more information:

Send Transcripts to TCC

Include high school transcript or copy of GED test Scores, and transcripts from any colleges attended. Veteran students must also submit DD-214, AARTS, SMART, CCAR, and DANTES to evaluate military experience and credits.

Note: Transient students must submit a transient student letter or form from the home institution Registrar’s Office.​​ Many colleges and universities in the state of Florida allow electronic submission of the transient application through the Transient Student Admission Application through Florida's Virtual Campus. 

Review Placement Testing Information

  • Submit any SAT, ACT, AP, IB, etc. scores to the Admissions and Records Office. 
  • Exemptions: 
    • ​Any student who entered grade 9 in the Florida public school system in the 2003-2004 academic year (or later) and earned a Florida Standard High School Diploma (from a Florida public high school) will not be required to take placement testing and will not be required to enroll in developmental education in a Florida College System institution. 
    • ​Any active service member will not be required to take a placement test and will not be required to enroll in developmental education. This exemption will be authorized upon review and verification of your final, official, Florida high school transcript or verification of active duty military status, after which the student will receive advising about course options and can then register for classes. Please visit the TCC Advising Center (Student Union) for more information on this exemption.  
  • Those who need or wish to take the Florida Post-secondary Readiness Test can contact the TCC Testing Center at (850) 201-8282
  • Adult education or postsecondary adult vocation certificate program applicants must take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).

Complete New Student Welcome to Get Started

About TCC's New Student Welcome & Registration:

Complete New Student Welcome to get started. TCC offers in-person and virtual advising meetings, a self-paced Connect2Complete: New Student Orientation course and New Student Welcome Sessions prior to registration.

During your advising meeting, you will speak with a Career and Academic Advisor who will assist you with course planning/registration. The Connect2Complete course is a set of self-paced, virtual modules that provide an overview of significant facets of TCC life.  The New Student Welcome sessions give new students a chance to meet faculty and key College staff to help students get oriented to campus and the first day of class.  All three new student activities are to be completed prior to Fall Convocation and the first semester. Click here to learn more.

Register with the Vet Success Counselor

Veterans Affairs helps veterans take advantage of specialized services that are designed to assist veteran students navigate state and federal education benefit programs, and make the most of the College’s many resources. You can visit the office at the Veterans Success Center, located in the Computer Technology (CT) building, room 206.

Questions? Contact us at (850) 201-8555 or email, or stop by the Admissions and Records Office located on the second floor of the Student Union. 

To contact the Veterans Affairs Coordinator, call (850) 201-8406, email, or visit the Veterans Success Center in the Computer Technology (CT) building, room 206.