Called to Active Duty

Called to Active Duty

Leaving Tallahassee Community College 

Veterans attending TCC who are called back to active duty must contact their instructor to determine the best course of action.


If the term has already begun, they should submit a withdrawal form to the Veterans Affairs. Admissions and Records will process the withdrawal.

For call to active duty for deployment and/or mobilization, a copy of orders is required along with the withdrawal form which identifies the current date as the “date of withdrawal,” and gives “called to active duty” as the withdrawal reason. Veterans will need to submit a copy of their orders to:

TCC Veterans Affairs Office
Attention: Veterans Affairs
444 Appleyard Drive
Tallahassee, Florida 32304

Selective Drops

Veterans may choose to drop one or more courses and elect to complete remaining course work according to the options noted below.


Those who have successfully completed the majority of work for a course may be awarded a grade of “I” at the discretion of the instructor. It may also be possible for an extension to be granted on incompletes, if the student is gone for an extended period of time.

Final Grades

If the instructor determines that a sufficient amount of course work has been completed, and there is sufficient information about the student's performance in the course, an instructor may choose to award a final grade. The student must consult with the instructor to determine whether these two requirements have been met.

Veterans who currently have loans should contact their lender for information regarding being on active duty. For loans processed through the Financial Aid Office, please contact (850) 201-8399 for more information.

Returning to Tallahassee Community College

Veterans who are eligible to continue for the next fall, spring or summer term will be sent an enrollment appointment time via the email address listed on the TCC portal.

When ready to return to TCC, veterans should notify the Veterans Affairs Office of their plans so that enrollment eligibility can be reactivated, if necessary.

Veterans who took transfer coursework during their leave from TCC should submit their transcript to Admissions and Records so that the transfer credit can be posted to their TCC record. To ensure priority enrollment based on the additional transfer credits earned, veterans may wish to submit an application for readmission by applying online.