The Office of Student Life has provided opportunities for you to become virtually engaged. We encourage you to connect with us, your friends, and other TCC students through these virtual activities. Feel free to share your experience with us using the hashtag #VirtualTCC on Instagram and Twitter!
|EcoChallange||April 1 - April 30||NA||Link|
|Eagle to Eagle: Sustainability||Tuesday, April 13||2:00 p.m.||Link|
|SGA Passing of the Gavel||Wednesday, April 21||6:30 p.m.||Link|
|32304 Earth Day Event||Thursday, April 22||All Day||Sign up here|
Virtual Events Explained
- EcoChallange - Earth Day Ecochallenge connects you to a global community of advocates and changemakers, each doing what we can, in ways that are most relevant to us, to make this great spinning dot we call home a healthier, more equitable, more sustainable place. Welcome to Earth Day Ecochallenge! Compete against the TCC Employees to show who can do more.
- Eagle to Eagle: Sustainability - a brief workshop by the Peer Leaders on the effects of pollution on the environment.
- SGA Passing of the Gavel - This ceremony will be in SU Ballroom and online, free to all students. The current SGA is passing the reigns to the incoming SGA. Other organizations and students will be recognized for their service this year.
- 32304 Earth Day - sign up for your time slot to come and help clean up around campus in celebration of Earth Day.
This Spring, the Office of Student Life has partnered with local agencies to provide TCC students with opportunities to be active citizens in the local communities. The goal is to engage and empower students to become effective leaders (on campus and in the local communities) and critical thinkers, through meaningful activities and services that address community issues. Majority of activities and services will be scheduled every first and third Saturday of each month, starting February 5th. There will also be activities and service projects that will take place during the week.
Are you passionate about service? Do you have some great service project ideas that you would like to share with us? Fill out the Service Inventory Survey to share your ideas.
Local Service Partners
City of Tallahassee
Second Harvest of the Big Bend
Tallahassee Urban League
Service OpportunitiesSaturday, March 27 @ 9:00 a.m. - Big Bend Cares National Women & Girls Awareness Day Drive Through Event at Old West Enrichment Center - 2344 Lake Bradford Road If interested in volunteering email YaShica D'Angelo at email@example.com
Civic Engagement Opportunities
The Village Square, in partnership with Florida Humanities, will host a digital series of programs, “A Citizen’s Guide to Healing America,” addressing the fault lines in our democratic system and empowering individual citizens to understand and address the challenges ahead — whether that’s as a voter or in healing divisions in your family.Thursday, April 22 come to TCC and help clean up the areas around the college.
Virtual Tour of The Van Gogh Museum
- Stay tuned for updates and workout tips to do at home.
- Eating healthy at home
- YMCA Yoga 360 - Beginner Flow
- YMCA 360 - Weekday Winddown
- Fitness Blender - Total Body Stretching Workout for Stress Relief and Better Sleep
Clubs & Orgs are meeting virtually this semester. To find information about specific groups, please visit MyTCC or the Clubs & Organization section of our website.
Our series was inspired by a talk Professor Randy Pausch delivered at Carnegie Mellon University entitled "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams." In this talk Pausch discussed everything he wanted his children to know after his pancreatic cancer had taken his life. It included stories of his childhood, lessons he wanted his children to learn, and things he wanted his children to know about him. He repeatedly stressed that one should have fun in everything one does, and that one should live life to its fullest because one never knows when it might be taken. In honor of Randy Pausch we initiated our own Last Lecture Series here at TCC to continue his legacy. This is an ongoing series of lectures where top academics are asked to think deeply about what matters to them, and then give a hypothetical "final talk", i.e., "what wisdom would they try to impart to the world if they knew it was their last chance?" This is a very exciting opportunity for students to learn more about their instructors'/administrator’s interests and/or thoughts on a subject they care deeply about.
|Dr Sheri Rowland||Fri. April 10||Watch Here|
|Dean Anthony Jones||Tues. April 28||Watch Here|
Eagle Fit Live
Join Campus Recreation for our Eagle Fit LiveCampus Recreation: Fitness
At Home Dumbbell workout Intro & Biceps
Intro to At Home WorkoutMore Videos Here
At Home Dumbbell Workout - Triceps
Learn to work out your Triceps at homeMore Videos Here
At Home Dumbbell Workout - Squats
Learn how to do squats with dumbbells at homeMore Videos Here