New Students

Now enrolling during the month of August!

Start class on any Monday or Tuesday.

Interested students should contact the Adult Education at (850) 201-8760 or our Career Pathways Specialist at (850) 201-8043 for additional enrollment information. Students age 16 and older seeking to pass the GED® Test to earn a high school credential or learn English (ESOL) are considered "Adult Education" students. The following steps are required to get started at Tallahassee Community College (TCC.)

Steps to Enroll

Follow these steps to get started at TCC. Download the full steps to enroll.

Step 1: Apply for Admission

  1. Apply for admission to TCC using our online application: programs of Study 
    1. Choose "Other (Dual Enrollment, Adult Basic Education (GED) or ESOL"
    2. Next, Click on Adult Basic Education, GED, or ESOL
    3. Under Adult Basic Education, GED, ESOL click on the course you're signing up for.
      1. Adult Ed- Pass the GED for student enrolling into the GED Prep. program
      2. Adult Ed- ESOL for students enrolling into the "Learn English" course.
  2. Save and Continue.
  3. After submitting the application, you will receive a confirmation page with your TCC Identification number, email address and password. Save this information because you will need the details to log into Workday and access your TCC email.
  4. If you have lost access to your account, call the TCC Help Desk at 850-201-8545 for help.
  5. If you have completed the application in the past but have not taken classes in the past 12 months, you will need to reapply to TCC. You can complete a paper application and submit it to the Admissions and Records Office or complete the online application.

Step 2: Take a Placement Test 

GED® Students 

Take the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE.) The TABE test measures your skills and provides a baseline to measure progress in the GED program.

1. LEON COUNTY: Take the test on the TCC Main Campus. TABE tests are administered Monday through Friday at the TCC Main Campus Testing Center. Testers MUST call to schedule an appointment. There is a testing fee of $25 for the Main Campus location only. Pay this fee by cash or check the day you take the test. Bring a picture ID.

2. GADSDEN COUNTY: Take the test by appointment at the TCC Gadsden Center in Quincy (850) 558-3620. At this time, there is no fee to take the TABE in Gadsden, provided you are a resident of Gadsden. Bring a picture ID.

3. WAKULLA COUNTY: Take the test by appointment at the TCC Wakulla Center in Crawfordville (850) 558-3525. At this time, there is no fee to take the TABE in Wakulla, provided you are a resident of Wakulla. Bring a picture ID.

  • If you need accommodation after hours, please call Adult Education Department directly at (850) 201-8760 to schedule. If you have already taken the TABE test within the last 12 months, please have the testing agency send the official score report to the Adult Education Office (email, mail, or hand-deliver in a sealed envelope from the testing agency.)

English/ESOL Students

  • Take the Comprehensive Adult Student Assessment System (CASAS.) This test measures English skills in reading and listening. There is no fee for the CASAS test. Contact the Adult Education Department directly (850) 201-8760 to schedule this test. Or, log into TCC EagleNet to register for the next CASAS testing opportunity.

Step 3: Complete New Student Orientation

All Adult Education Students (GED® and ESOL) must participate in TCC’s Adult Education Student Orientation.

Step 4: Get Registered for Class by AE Program Staff

  • After taking the placement test, contact an Adult Education staff member to be registered for class (850) 201-8760.

Step 5: Pay Tuition

  • Pay class tuition: $30 per semester. You must pay tuition within 14 days after being registered for a class or you will be withdrawn from the program and not permitted to take classes until the tuition is paid. Tuition can be paid online through TCC EagleNet or in person at the TCC Cashier’s Office, TCC Gadsden Center, or TCC Wakulla Center. 
  • If you are experiencing homelessness or other financial hardship, you can apply for a scholarship to pay class tuition and fees. Please contact an Adult Education staff member for more information. If you are a client of a local social services organization, please contact that agency directly for assistance in paying tuition.

Step 6: Minor Students (Ages 16 and 17)

All Adult Education students aged 16 and 17 are required to provide an official withdrawal form from the last school that they Attended. Additionally, minors will need to have a parent or guardian complete the Parental Consent form before they can be registered for classes. Please contact staff at TCC's Division of Workforce Development to receive the Parental Consent Form. Staff can be reached at (850) 201-8760.

Step 7: Receive Support Services (Optional)

Students that experience barriers to education are eligible to receive a variety of support services. See an Adult Education staff member for more information. Students with disabilities that require accommodations to fully participate in Adult Education programs must self-report at TCC’s Accessibility and Resource Center.