GED® PrepGet Started
Now enrolling during the month of August!
Start class on any Monday or Tuesday.
Interested students should contact the Adult Education at (850) 201-8760 or our Career Pathways Specialist at (850) 201-8043 for additional enrollment information.
Integrated Education and Training (IET)
Consistent with Florida’s improved workforce model, instruction will be provided in a way that makes the content directly relevant to you. This change should lead to a smoother transition into workforce training programs, college, and the workforce. Most importantly, it will also provide an opportunity for you to be enrolled in a training program while also enrolled in your GED® Preparation or ESOL class.
The TCC GED Preparation Program accepts minors aged 16 and 17. Before the enrollment of a minor student, a Parental Consent form must be completed and submitted to TCC AE staff. Additionally, a withdrawal form obtained from the minor student's last school of enrollment will need to be submitted. Without these documents, the minor student will be unable to attend the GED preparation class.
How to Get Started in (4) four easy steps:
- Apply to the College by completing the Adult Basic Education, GED, or ESOL application-hyperlink to application
- Take the TABE test (or provide your TABE scores to AE staff if they are less than 12 months old)
- Once you have valid TABe scores contact TCC AE staff to be registered for class
- Pay your tuition ($30.00)
Note: If you have already taken the TABE test within the last 12 months, please have the testing agency send the official score report to the Adult Education Department via email, fax, mail, or hand-delivered in a sealed envelope from the testing agency.
If you still have questions about the GED Preparation class, or if you’d like an AE staff member to contact you please complete the interest form below.
Want to volunteer or intern with the TCC GED® Prep Program? Learn more about TCC Adult Education opportunities.
You must be at least 16 years old to enroll in a GED® prep class and take the GED® test as long as you meet certain requirements.
- To enroll in a GED® prep class, students that are 16 or 17 years old must provide an Official Withdrawal Form from the last school attended and a signed Parent/Guardian Consent Form.
- To take the GED® test, students that are 16 or 17 years old must submit an Underage Waiver form to be approved before signing up to take the test. See an Adult Education Team Member for more information.
Online GED® Prep
Don't have time to come to class? Study completely online!
If you have access to a computer and the Internet, you can take advantage of our online GED® Prep classes. The class is self-paced and uses high-effective software that will create your own individual learning plan. You can also meet with the online instructor, have video conferences, ask questions, and so much more! Online students must study at least 10 hours each week using the software.
The GED® prep classes at TCC cost $30 per semester plus a one-time TABE test fee of $25.
Currently, each subtest of the GED® tests costs $32, so the total cost of all 4 subtests is $128. This fee is subject to change by the GED® Testing Service.
You can apply for scholarships to pay for classes and tests, see Scholarships or an Adult Education Team Member for more information.