In an award from the Florida Department of Education, Tallahassee Community College received $100,000 that will be used to create the Gadsden Entrepreneurship Initiative. The collaborating partners include the Gadsden County School District and the Figgers Foundation. It is anticipated that the following goals will be met through the grant implementation.
- Certify 10 Gadsden County School District teachers in the area of entrepreneurship
- Launch or enhance two school-based enterprises
- Develop a full-year entrepreneurship program for 2 cohorts of high school students
- Establish a business speaker series made up of local entrepreneurs from Gadsden County
- Host an inaugural start-up pitch competition
To learn more call 850-201-8760 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.