Frequently Used Resources
Find frequently used handouts, videos, and interactive practices created by the Learning Commons team. You can also find test review videos for MAT1033, MAC1105, ACG2021, and ACG2071. Check back often for new material.
- Factoring Summary
- Functions, Domain and Range Overview
- Simplifying Rational Expressions
- Slope-Intercept and Point-Slope Forms
For audio versions of the PDFs listed above, log in to Virtual Learning Commons Resources using your TCC e-mail and password, and search for the file name.
Calculus and Business Calculus
- Cost, Revenue and Profit Functions
- Differentiation and Integration Rules
- Tests for Convergence of Series (Print and use with Tests for Convergence of Series Playlist)
- Matrix to Reduced Echelon Form (Print and use with Gauss-Jordan Elimination Method video)
Liberal Arts I (MGF 1106)
- Geometry Formulas and Shapes
- Summary of Logic Rules
- The Mean, Median, Mode and Midrange
- The Odds and Probability Triangle
- Using a Venn Diagram to Organize Survey Results
- Z scores and the Empirical Rule
Liberal Arts II (MGF 1107)
- A Two-Tailed Hypothesis Test of a Mean
- Calculator Shortcuts and Formulas
- Claim and Hypothesis
- One Tail Hypothesis Testing for Mean
- Z scores and the Empirical Rule
Trigonometry and Precalculus
For audio versions of the PDFs listed above, log in to Virtual Learning Commons Resources with your TCC e-mail and password. Once you log-in, type the file name into the search box.
- Polyatomic Ions
- Nomenclature Sheet
- Comparison of VSEPR and VB Theories
- Balancing Equations
- Chemical Stoichiometry
- Converting Between Temperature Scales
- Physical vs. Chemical Change
- Organic Practice Set 1 - Chapter 1
- Organic Practice Set 2 - Chapter 1
- Organic Practice Set 3 - Chapters 1-2
- Organic Practice Set 5 - Chapters 2-4
- Organic Practice Set 6 - Chapters 2-4
- Organic Practice Set 7 - Chapters 4-5
- Equilibrium - Aggregate Demand-Aggregate Supply
- GDP Calculating Real GDP and GDP Growth
- Supply and Demand - Ceilings and Floors
- Types of Unemployment
To reach audio versions of these PDFs, please log-in to Virtual Learning Commons Resources using your TCC e-mail and password, and search for the file name.
- Debits and Credits in the Ledger Accounts
- General Ledger - T Accounts (blank)
- Steps in Preparing a Bank Reconciliation
- APA Guide 2016-17
- MLA Guide 2017-18
- Turabian Guide 2015-16
- Sentence Structure
- Essay Structure and Paragraph Outline
Reading and English Skills
The main idea expresses the central point or the most important idea and gives the paragraph focus, purpose, and direction.
- Study Sheet provides instructions, examples, and practices on how to find the main idea in a paragraph.
- Practice 1: In this practice, students choose the sentence that expresses the topic sentence in each of the selections.
Supporting details are reasons, examples, facts, steps, or other kind of evidence that back up and explain a main idea.
- Study Sheet explains what supporting details are and how to use it.
- Practice 1 helps students identify supporting details in a paragraph.
- Practice 2 helps students identify major supporting details.
Patterns of Organization
Effective communication begins with a clearly organized set of ideas following a logical, consistent pattern.
- Study Sheet provides instructions, examples, and practices on using supporting details in paragraphs.
- Practice 2: In this practice, students choose the correct pattern of organization in each sentence.
Facts and Opinions
Facts are statements that can be verified or proven true or false; whereas, opinions cannot be verified.
- Practice 1 and Practice 2 provide statements that need to be identified as either facts, opinions, or both.
Inferences are ideas that are not stated directly, but are implied by the content of the material.
- Study Sheet provides instructions, examples, and practices on how to identify and make accurate inferences.
Vocabulary in Context
Paying attention to words and phrases within a sentence can help students to figure out the meaning of unfamiliar words.
- Study Sheet provides instructions, examples, and practices on using clues to figure out the meaning of unknown.
- Practice 1 and Practice 2: For these practices, students use context clues to find the best meaning for each word.
Need something specific? Search in the Virtual Learning Commons!
Helpful Links and Websites
Find top resources for all Learning Commons tutoring subjects, including links to videos and websites, calculator videos for MAC1105 and MAC1140 and much more.
- MAC1105 - College Algebra and TI-84
- MAC1140 - Pre-Calculus Algebra and TI-83
- MAC1140 - Pre-Calculus Algebra and TI-84
- MAC2312 - Calculus II: Tests for Convergence of Series Playlist (Print and use Tests for Convergence of Series with the playlist)
- Calculus Help Tutorials
- MIT Video Lectures
- Chemistry Calculators
- Visualization and Problem Solving for General Chemistry
- Organic Chemistry Practice Problems
- Useful Links for Chemistry Classes
Anatomy and Physiology
Reading and English Skills
Fluency and General Reading
- Reading Skills for Today's Adults : Use this site to build your vocabulary and reading fluency.
- Quizlet: Build your vocabulary by using Quizlet.
- ESL BITS: Great reading texts with audio are available on this site.
- READTHEORY: Check your level and get helpful feedback with ReadTheory.
- DKfindout!: The visual encyclopedia by the publisher Dorling Kindersley (DK)
- Q-files: Use this great illustrious encyclopedia for your homework and projects.
- The Free Dictionary's Idiom Dictionary: A dictionary that gives you the meanings of idioms, phrases, sayings, and expressions.
- Longman Dictionary of Contemporary English Online: A dictionary that not only has words and phrases, but also has numerous sentences to help with how to use the word and for verbs provide complete grammar information.
Good visual dictionaries to see various synonyms and in some cases antonyms:
- SQ4R Presentation
- SQ4R Strategies: Reading College Textbooks
- Main Idea and Supporting Details
- Claims and Support
- Context Clues
Grammar and Mechanics
Click on the drop downs to display the resource links under each category.
Adobe Creative Cloud