Start At TCC,
Finish At FSU
Tallahassee Community College is the #1 transfer school to Florida State University for a reason.
Aspire provides a seamless transfer for students who want to attend Florida State University but also want a more personalized and affordable experience prior to transitioning fully to the university level.
Just steps from FSU's campus, our students can live with FSU students in off-campus housing and have the opportunity to participate in FSU activities, all while earning their Associate in Arts degree and prerequisites for their undergraduate program at half the price of attending a university.
Aspire offers personalized advising and academic maps to ensure students take the classes they need here for their intended major at FSU.
Four Programs For You
Get to FSU your way with one of our four paths:
- Aspire Traditional: Enjoy the ride with a regular two-year experience
- Aspire Elite: Already have college credits? Get to FSU in one year or less
- Aspire Honors: Join TCC's high-achieving scholars as you work toward FSU
- Aspire Online: Reach FSU from the comfort of your own home
Start at FSU as a junior with an associate's degree and at least 60 credit hours. Get the university experience at half the price.
Located just two miles from FSU's campus, TCC offers a rich student life experience.
Find your passion and immerse yourself in at least one of our student organizations or academic enrichment programs.
TCC Academic Enrichment Programs
- Honors Program
- Black Male Achievers
- Sister to Sister
- Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students
- Men of Color Collective
- Phi Theta Kappa
- STEM Program
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Model United Nations
- Speech and Debate
- Brain Bowl
- Student Government Association
- Peer Leaders
TCC Arts and Culture Programs
- Theatre! TCC
- African Drum and Dance Ensemble
- TCC Dance Company
- Capital City Band of TCC
- TCC Jazz Band
- Tallahassee Civic Choral
- The Talon Newspaper
- The Eyrie Magazine
TCC Student Life
FSU Programs for Aspire Students
- Program Specific Aspire Academic Maps designed for TCC students for each FSU major
- One-on-one, transfer-focused, personalized advising from TCC and FSU
- Exclusive guidance for students who plan on applying for a limited-access or limited enrollment program at FSU
- Aspire Rec Pass to the Leach Center
- TCC student discount for FSU Football Season Tickets through the FSU Ticket Office
Pick Your Path
In addition to the Aspire Traditional program, there are three specialized paths for committed, hard-working students: Aspire Elite, Aspire Honors, and Aspire Online. See which path is right for you.
Aspire Academic Maps
Review the academic maps provided by FSU. Also, review specific requirements for your intended major on FSU's website.
Brief small group sessions that provide information on majors, evaluating credit hours from dual enrollment or transfer, and registering for classes. Students will have more meetings with their advisor during the first semester.
Get Involved on Campus
The best way to prepare for FSU is to make the most of your time at TCC. Join the Academic Enrichment Programs and Student Life groups on campus.
Complete TCC and Apply to FSU
Meet the milestones of your program and stay up to date on FSU's application deadlines.
There are over $100,000 in scholarships are available for students demonstrating exceptional academic excellence.
TCC's Aspire Program Scholarships
TCC offers a large range of scholarships that you can apply for with just one application. Scholarships are based on a variety of factors including grades, a program of study, community service, financial need, where you’re from, and more.
New for the 2023-24 academic year is the Aspire Scholarship, exclusively for Aspire students, offering $100,000 in total awards.
Ready to get started? Set up your scholarship account here.
FSU's Aspire Transfer Scholarship
Pending the availability of program funds, Florida State University will award $1,200 toward tuition costs each fall and spring to each recipient who commits to 15 credit enrollment and maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Summer funding is not provided.
Note: Tallahassee Community College and Florida State University reserve the right to adjust scholarship awards as appropriate, and/or discontinue the program at any time. This is a highly competitive selection process and in many instances, the applicant's GPA far exceeds the minimum 3.50.
Notice of Eligibility
All eligible TCC2FSU members who complete 30+ credits will receive an eligibility email in regards to the Aspire Transfer Student Scholarship Application 8-9 weeks into fall or spring. Any student graduating in the summer should apply during the spring application window.
To be eligible for the scholarship, an Aspire student must have at least:
- An overall TCC GPA of a 3.50
- *30-45 credits toward the AA for Fall scholarship (Spring and/or Summer graduates)
- **45 credits toward the AA for Spring scholarship (Fall graduates)
- Aspire participation and/or indicated an interest in transferring to Florida State University
*Not all students who complete 30 credits should apply for this scholarship. Students who plan to graduate from TCC in Fall should apply during the same semester for the Spring semester at FSU.
**Students who plan to graduate from TCC in Spring or Summer should apply in Spring for the Fall FSU semester and have 45 credits in the last TCC semester. Students who plan to graduate in Summer should apply in Spring. (There is no application window for Summer.)
A Scholarship Applicant MUST:
- Plan to graduate from TCC with an Associate of Arts Degree
- Commit to transfer to FSU immediately after graduating by submitting an FSU application. (Ex: Students graduating in the fall must transfer to FSU in spring.)
- FSU will verify student acceptance
- Funds are not available for summer applicants
- Can only take summer “off”, not major semester following graduation
- Hold a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (as calculated by TCC)
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Respond adequately to two scholarship questions
Living In Tallahassee
Tallahassee is both Florida's state capital and a true college town with three major institutions of higher learning and TCC is two miles from FSU's campus. With upwards of 60,000 college students, cultural richness, and picturesque natural beauty, Tallahassee is an ideal place to live and learn.
Parents and families, we know that sending your student off to college isn’t easy, but we’re here to give you peace of mind. Tallahassee is often ranked as one of the top college towns in the nation and featured on many lists of good "medium-sized cities" to live in.
Learn more about Living in Tallahassee.
Want to Learn More?
Still have questions? Talk with us during our Zoom information sessions, or come in for a one-on-one conversation.
Zoom Session Schedule:
We would love to meet you one-on-one.