Honors ProgramAdmissions to Honors
Interested students should complete the following steps:
- Submit an online application for admission to TCC
- Complete the online application to the Honors Program below
- Submit an Honors Program application essay
Requirements for Admission to Honors
For First Time in College Students
SAT Scores -
- Prior to June 27, 2016: 1170 (critical reading and math)
- On or after June 27, 2016: SAT Redesign - 1240 (evidence-based reading, writing, and math)
- SAT 2017 Redesign - 62 (combined score for verbal and mathematics)
- ACT Score - 25 or above
Minimum 3.5 unweighted cumulative high school GPA
Graduation in the top 10% of high school class
For Current, Dual Enrolled, Returning and Transfer Students
Current, dual-enrolled, returning and transfer students must show:
- Minimum 3.25 cumulative college GPA
- A minimum of 12 and a maximum of 36 hours of earned college credit
- Name of faculty sponsor
All applicants must include an honors application essay in their supporting documents:
Honors Application Essay (300 words)
The Honors Program at TCC is an enriching collegiate community of students and faculty working together in the mutual pursuit of excellence. Relate your achievements and moments of excellence in academics, service, vocation, and any other areas deemed worthy of note that demonstrate you to be a strong candidate. Explain how the Honors Program will be of benefit to you, and how you plan to contribute to the Honors Program and its members in kind.
To apply to the Honors Program, complete the form below and attach your supporting documentation. Note the name of your faculty sponsor in the "additional comments" box. Please make sure to apply to TCC before submitting your Honors application.
Questions? Contact the program director Robert Fleischmann at email@example.com or call (850) 201-8358.