Start At TCC, End At FSU
Tallahassee Community College is the #1 transfer school to Florida State University for a reason.
Aspire, previously known as TCC2FSU, provides a seamless transfer for students who want to attend Florida State University but also want a more personalized and affordable experience prior to transitioning fully to the university level.
Just steps from FSU's campus, our students can live with FSU students in off-campus housing and have the opportunity to participate in FSU activities, all while earning their Associate in Arts degree and prerequisites for their undergraduate program at half the price of attending a university.
Aspire offers personalized advising, and electronic tools are utilized to help students understand appropriate classes that align with specifically intended majors at FSU.
Introducing Four New Programs
Get to FSU your way with one of our four paths:
- Aspire Traditional: Enjoy the ride with a regular two-year experience
- Aspire Elite: Get to FSU in one year or less
- Aspire Honors: Join TCC's high-achieving scholars as you work toward FSU
- Aspire Online: Reach FSU from the comfort of your own home
Get the university experience at half the price.Pick Your Path
FSU is waiting for you. Get there in one year.Pick Your Path
TCC is for scholars. Our programs challenge and enrich you while you prepare for FSU.Pick Your Path
Start your journey to FSU from your own home.Pick Your Path
Don't Miss Aspire Day
Join us on Friday, April 28 from 1-4 p.m. for transfer information and meetings with FSU Advisors.RSVP Now
Start at FSU as a junior with an associate's degree and at least 60 credit hours. Get the university experience at half the price.
Located just two miles from FSU's campus, TCC offers a rich student life experience.
Find your passion and immerse yourself in at least one of our student organizations or academic enrichment programs.
- Academic Enrichment Programs
- Honors Program
- Black Male Achievers
- Sister to Sister
- Hispanic Alliance for Talented Students
- Men of Color Collective
- Phi Theta Kappa
- STEM Program
- Undergraduate Research Symposium
- Model United Nations
- Speech and Debate
- Brain Bowl
- Student Government Association
- Peer Leaders
- Arts and Culture Programs
- Theatre! TCC
- African Drum and Dance Ensemble
- TCC Dance Company
- Capital City Band of TCC
- TCC Jazz Band
- Tallahassee Civic Choral
- The Talon Newspaper
- The Eyrie Magazine
- As well as Student Clubs and Organizations and Athletics
FSU Programs Aspire Students Can Apply To Early
- Program Specific Aspire Academic Maps designed for TCC students for each FSU major
- One-on-one, transfer-focused, personalized advising from TCC and FSU
- Exclusive guidance for students who plan on applying for a limited-access or limited enrollment program at FSU
- Aspire Rec Pass to the Leach Center
- TCC student discount for FSU Football Season Tickets through the FSU Ticket Office
Over $100,000 in scholarships are available for students demonstrating exceptional academic excellence
Eligible students are those who intend to complete the A.A. at TCC with an interest in transferring to FSU. The A.A. is a degree that helps students complete the first 60 credits of a bachelor’s program. These must be tailored for intended transfer majors at FSU.
Apply for admission to TCC using our online application and select the Aspire program on your application.
In addition to the Traditional Aspire program, TCC also offers Aspire Elite, Aspire Honors, and Aspire Online for students looking for a more tailored path.
If you were not able to choose to join Aspire on the TCC Admissions Application, please follow the steps listed below to make FSU your Intended Transfer Institution.
(Note: students must first activate their TCC email account)
- Log into your Workday account
- From your dashboard, click on “TCC Academics”
- Go to the “Tasks” section and click on “Add My Intended Transfer Institution and Program of Study”
- First, fill in the box marked “Educational Institution” and second, “Program of Study” (choose your major) in that order
- Click the “OK” button at the bottom of the window. When prompted, click “Done”
- After confirming the changes, click “View My Intended Transfer Institution and Program of Study” to review these items
Once you indicate FSU as your Transfer Institution, you can begin to participate in any or all Aspire events and advising.
Pick Your Path
In addition to the main Aspire program, there are three specialized paths for committed, hard-working students: Aspire Elite, Aspire Honors, and Aspire Online. See which path is right for you.
Aspire Academic Maps
Review the academic maps provided by FSU. Also, review specific requirements for your intended major on FSU's website.
Meet with a TCC Advisor
Complete an educational plan, meet with an advisor before each semester at TCC to be sure you are staying on track, and attend Aspire advising days when FSU advisors visit TCC's campus.
Get Involved on Campus
The best way to prepare for FSU is to make the most of your time at TCC. Join the Academic Enrichment Programs and Student Life groups on campus.
Complete TCC and Apply to FSU
Meet the milestones of your program and stay up to date on FSU's application deadlines.
There are over $100,000 in scholarships are available for students demonstrating exceptional academic excellence.
TCC's Aspire Program Scholarships
TCC offers a large range of scholarships that you can apply for with just one application. Scholarships are based on a variety of factors including grades, a program of study, community service, financial need, where you’re from, and more.
New for the 2023-24 academic year is the Aspire Scholarship, exclusively for Aspire students, offering $100,000 in total awards.
Ready to get started? Set up your scholarship account here.
FSU's Aspire Transfer Scholarship
Pending the availability of program funds, Florida State University will award $1,200 toward tuition costs each fall and spring to each recipient who commits to 15 credit enrollment and maintains a 3.0 cumulative GPA. Summer funding is not provided.
Note: Tallahassee Community College and Florida State University reserve the right to adjust scholarship awards as appropriate, and/or discontinue the program at any time. This is a highly competitive selection process and in many instances, the applicant's GPA far exceeds the minimum 3.50.
Notice of Eligibility
All eligible TCC2FSU members who complete 30+ credits will receive an eligibility email in regards to the Aspire Transfer Student Scholarship Application 8-9 weeks into fall or spring. Any student graduating in the summer should apply during the spring application window.
To be eligible for the scholarship, an Aspire student must have at least:
- An overall TCC GPA of a 3.50
- *30-45 credits toward the AA for Fall scholarship (Spring and/or Summer graduates)
- **45 credits toward the AA for Spring scholarship (Fall graduates)
- TCC2FSU membership and/or indicated an interest in transferring to Florida State University
*Not all students who complete 30 credits should apply for this scholarship. Students who plan to graduate from TCC in Fall should apply during the same semester for the Spring semester at FSU.
**Students who plan to graduate from TCC in Spring or Summer should apply in Spring for the Fall FSU semester and have 45 credits in the last TCC semester. Students who plan to graduate in Summer should apply in Spring. (There is no application window for Summer.)
A Scholarship Applicant MUST:
- Plan to graduate from TCC with an Associate of Arts Degree
- Commit to transfer to FSU immediately after graduating by submitting an FSU application. (Ex: Students graduating in the fall must transfer to FSU in spring.)
- FSU will verify student acceptance
- Funds are not available for summer applicants
- Can only take summer “off”, not major semester following graduation
- Hold a minimum 3.5 cumulative GPA (as calculated by TCC)
- Submit one letter of recommendation
- Respond adequately to two scholarship questions
Living In Tallahassee
Tallahassee is both Florida's state capital and a true college town with three major institutions of higher learning and TCC is two miles from FSU's campus. With upwards of 60,000 college students, cultural richness, and picturesque natural beauty, Tallahassee is an ideal place to live and learn.
Parents and families, we know that sending your student off to college isn’t easy, but we’re here to give you peace of mind. Tallahassee is often ranked as one of the top college towns in the nation and featured on many lists of good "medium-sized cities" to live in.
Learn more about Living in Tallahassee.