To prepare students for the examinations offered by the National Board for Respiratory Care for employment as registered respiratory therapists that can perform safely and competently in the responsibilities of diagnosing and caring for persons with cardiopulmonary diseases.
This program is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Respiratory Care (www.CoArc.com).
Respiratory therapists are employed in a variety of settings, such as hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, physicians’ offices and medical supply companies.
76 credit hours
- Be at least 17 years of age at the time at the time of entry into the program
- Complete all admission requirements to the College
- Have a cumulative, unrounded GPA of 2.5 for all college-level courses
- Earn a grade of C or better in the three prerequisite courses listed below
The Respiratory Care program begins in the Fall semester. It is a limited-access program with a limited number of seats per class. Applicants must submit both a general TCC application and a separate healthcare program application by the published application deadline.
See Additional Healthcare Program Requirements for more important information.
Healthcare Professions, Ghazvini Center for Healthcare Education
(850) 558-4500 or firstname.lastname@example.org